No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First off, congratulations to all you guys on all your wonderful achievements! They are all very inspiring and motivating.

I just wanted to share my Primal Blueprint success story too. I have lost 30 lbs since the first week of April. I follow the eating guidelines and ride my bike 8.5 miles a day. I am well on my way to meeting my goal of losing 60 lbs. I am so grateful for all the motivation and inspiration that I have seen on this site. Now I will be able to keep up with my little boy that's due in October! Thanks guys and keep up all the great work!

Comment

• Hit 119.4 lb. W00t! I think I finally broke that plateau. I actually had to eat more dairy. I'm confused, but it worked, so I'm not say anything. I'm actually at the same body compsition (slightly more muscle) than I was in college. I may aim for 5 more lb and call in a good setpoint.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• I bought size 9 shorts today. They fit.
        6 months ago; size 16 was tight.

Comment

• Went down another belt loop (2 total in the past 6 weeks) and after leaving work an hour late tonight managed to do a sweet kettlebell workout, including a bunch of sets of cleans with the 24kg kettlebells!

Comment

• Well... 8 weeks ago I weighed 215lbs (give or take a pound). This morning I weighed 195lbs.
            I went fully primal 2.5 weeks ago, until then I had been working slowly at cutting the carbs. In the last 2.5 weeks I've lost about 8lbs (maybe some muscle though as I had a real hard time eating enough proteins at first). Staying in the 75 gram range on carbs every day, which seems to be the "sweet spot" for me.

My next goal is to start lowering my BF%... it's still pretty high at around 16% or so (which is pretty sad considering I was around 9% less than 2 years ago). So, I'll be upping my strength training over the next few months.

In any event, Primal is working awesome for me and the lifestyle change has been really positive.

Grok on,
            Stevo
            Last edited by Stevo; 06-08-2010, 12:45 AM.
            Check Out My Blog: The Exercise Rebel
            Check Out My Primal Success Story on Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

• On January 31st, I weighed 187 lbs, had 21.7 % BF, and a 38" waist. I started going primal mid-February, and went almost fully primal (save for dairy and the occasional glass of wine) more recently. This morning I weighed in at 161, 13.8% BF, and have a 33" waist. My goal is still to get my BF below 10%, but I'm definitely headed in the right direction. In fact, today I'm wearing my 32 x 36" jeans that I haven't been able to wear since 2000.

Comment

• Great job bootson. I am really impressed.

I have my monthly weigh in at the end of the week but I am now able to bench press what I used to do over 10 years ago and know I can do more. I am doing 125 lbs. Not bad for a 58 yo gal. I am trying to take a little slower than I probably could because I don't want to tear anything. My connective tissue is more brittle than it used to be.

Comment

• I am down 30 lbs since I went Primal as of this morning!
                  35 since the beginning of the year.
                  Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                  Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                  Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                  Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• I have lost more than 1 inch off my waist since May! I thought my waist was a hopeless case, but maybe one day I will get to a healthy waist-to-hip ratio.
                    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
                    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
                    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
                    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Comment

• Does this count?

The first goods from my first actual garden since going Primal...

I feel like I've triumphed, at least!

edit: except the apples

Comment

• It surely does. And I want a peach!
                        Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
                        Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
                        No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
                        Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Comment

• My Primal Diet is about to be very fruit heavy... berries, peaches, figs, blueberries... I don't know if my garden is turning out to be such a great idea!

Comment

• I'm back to a normal BMI for the first time since my second trimester in my first pregnancy. I'm in size 6 jeans and medium shirts. Normal clothes! I feel terrific and I'm thrilled to have a healthy, sustainable way to feed my family.

Comment

• I did my weekly weigh-in this morning, and I broke the psychologically important 200 lb barrier. (199, but still...) I don't think I've been under 200 lbs since 2002. I did not weigh myself before I started PB back in early April, but I was probably in the 225-230 range. I'm 5'8'' and I hope to get to around 165-170 eventually.

Comment

• Fantastic job!

I actually went clothes shopping yesterday and everything I tried on not only fit (hey, anything will "fit" if you buy the right size) but everything looked GOOD. I think this was the first time in like 2 years Ive left a clothing store HAPPY.

One other triumph was complete willpower. Diners are my weakness...Ive lost 80lbs in the last 5 years but even with all that I never eat good when I go out to eat dinner...but last week I went to a diner for dinner and I ordered grilled chicken with avocado and broccolli...I was pretty proud of myself for not ordering mozzerella sticks (my ultimate weakness.)
                                The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Working...
                                X