Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negligible weight loss for the last while, but in the last month

- pants are getting looser
    - eyelids are less droopy (this started at the same time all my thyroid problems started; this seems like a GREAT sign!)
    - whole face seems to be slightly less puffy
    - Cashier at Trader Joe's today insisted I must play some kind of sport - soccer, tennis, something - b/c I look so darn athletic. (I haven't exercised more than 10 times in the last six years, because of fatigue).
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Scale wavered between 169-170 this morning after 2 years of being 175-180... Can fit into old shirts again. Weight isn't dropping incredibly fast, but inches are. Lovin it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
        Just discovered that all beef that's sold in French supermarkets are grass-fed.
        Same for all meats except pork and chicken.

I was so worried about the fact I couldn't find grass fed meat. Haha. Awesome.
        This is why I love France!
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
          Chin-up.

That is all.
          Nice one Hank, I've been doing 50 pull ups program and just got my first pull up yesterday. Goal now is to increase the reps.

Comment

• Is wearing a pair of "closet pants" today...
            NO, not "fat pants", I threw all those bitches away!
            These are from the old but still good "too small" set!

That's right people...
            All hail Cori's slightly smaller ASS and Thighs!
            Last edited by cori93437; 08-20-2012, 02:14 PM.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I'm off methotrexate.

I've been on a mix of prednisone, plaquenil and methotrexate for a couple of years now, with no noticeable improvement of my autoimmune issues. I don't like any of it, but I've always hated methotrexate the most for some reason.

I've been eating primal/paleo for 7 months, completely gluten free, about 95% grain free. And at my last appointment, my symptoms were so much improved, my doc said I could stop taking the methotrexate altogether. \o/

I've already tapered prednisone down to a negligible dose (8mg/day), so I feel like I'm on the way to getting my life back.

PLUS: because of the autoimmune issues, I'm supposed to get my bloodwork checked every 6 weeks. It's actually been a couple of months since the last time I did it, because work has been busy busy busy. But this latest check? ALL my inflammation markers are down, across the board. Some of the drops were so sharp that they were flagged, even though they resulted in new numbers firmly in the NORMAL RANGE. My WBC count is within the reference range for the first time in five years.

Not that I had any doubt that this is good for me, but holy crap - this way of life is REALLY FREAKING GOOD for me! =D

Comment

• Yesterday I got rid of any shirt larger than 3X/20in Neck and any pants over 54In waist.
                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                  Yesterday I got rid of any shirt larger than 3X/20in Neck and any pants over 54In waist.
                  Three cheers you sexy beast!!!
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    Three cheers you sexy beast!!!
                    :looking over shoulder:

who?
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by merryish View Post
                      i'm off methotrexate.

I've been on a mix of prednisone, plaquenil and methotrexate for a couple of years now, with no noticeable improvement of my autoimmune issues. I don't like any of it, but i've always hated methotrexate the most for some reason.

I've been eating primal/paleo for 7 months, completely gluten free, about 95% grain free. And at my last appointment, my symptoms were so much improved, my doc said i could stop taking the methotrexate altogether. \o/

i've already tapered prednisone down to a negligible dose (8mg/day), so i feel like i'm on the way to getting my life back.

Plus: Because of the autoimmune issues, i'm supposed to get my bloodwork checked every 6 weeks. It's actually been a couple of months since the last time i did it, because work has been busy busy busy. But this latest check? All my inflammation markers are down, across the board. Some of the drops were so sharp that they were flagged, even though they resulted in new numbers firmly in the normal range. My wbc count is within the reference range for the first time in five years.

Not that i had any doubt that this is good for me, but holy crap - this way of life is really freaking good for me! =d
                      fantastic!!!!
                      --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by merryish View Post
                        I'm off methotrexate.

I've been on a mix of prednisone, plaquenil and methotrexate for a couple of years now, with no noticeable improvement of my autoimmune issues. I don't like any of it, but I've always hated methotrexate the most for some reason.

I've been eating primal/paleo for 7 months, completely gluten free, about 95% grain free. And at my last appointment, my symptoms were so much improved, my doc said I could stop taking the methotrexate altogether. \o/

I've already tapered prednisone down to a negligible dose (8mg/day), so I feel like I'm on the way to getting my life back.

PLUS: because of the autoimmune issues, I'm supposed to get my bloodwork checked every 6 weeks. It's actually been a couple of months since the last time I did it, because work has been busy busy busy. But this latest check? ALL my inflammation markers are down, across the board. Some of the drops were so sharp that they were flagged, even though they resulted in new numbers firmly in the NORMAL RANGE. My WBC count is within the reference range for the first time in five years.

Not that I had any doubt that this is good for me, but holy crap - this way of life is REALLY FREAKING GOOD for me! =D
                        Getting off meds rocks!!!
                        I'm staying in ketosis and cutting back on my seizure meds. So far 25% down with no ill effects. I have more energy and feel like my whole system has "up-regulated".

When you have been medicated too long, you forget how awesome normal feels!

Comment

• I'm new here, and lurking this thread has been so inspiring! I'm a couple weeks into primal (although I've been following the Weston A. Price Foundation's guidelines for quite awhile, so it hasn't been a huge change for me) and I'm feeling awesome. The bloating has gone down and I haven't had the debilitating headaches I get a few times each month.

But onto my triumph! Today, I stopped by a market that I don't usually go to. I was in a different neighborhood, and I wanted to grab the ingredients for primal chili. On a whim, I asked the guy behind the butcher counter if they had any pork fat (the only lard I've been able to find has been partially hydrogenated). He gave me a funny look, then went to the back to ask. I guess no one renders their own lard anymore, because I got about four pounds for free! Looks like I'm rendering lard and making chicharones (the little bits of skin that cook in the rendering lard, in case you don't know) tonight.

Comment

• Just weighed in at 165 lbs for a total weight loss of 48 lbs in just under 6 months (I celebrate 6 months Paleo on Sept. 4th). I haven't been this weight since high school. Yesterday I did 25 full extension pull-ups and 70 push-ups in the first set of a high intensity circuit, something I have never previously been able to do. At 60 years of age I feel amazing, following Paleo has made 60 the new 40.
                            Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• You guys are inspiring me to cut off these last 5 or 10 pounds for a bit! At least I know how to now. Maybe after we're done moving...
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• I am now 5 months cigarette free!

The occasional cigarette was the last and toughest thing to kick but now I can say it's gone and not coming back. I am an avid singer and tennis player and both of those things have seen dramatic improvement!

Comment

Working...
                                X