• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job hulahoop, that's awesome!
    My Writing Blog
    My Twitter

Comment

• Went for my yearly physical with my doctor today. Last saw him for a follow-up diabetes appointment less than 6 months ago.

I have lost 81lbs, my blood sugar numbers (including a1c) all show NO evidence of diabetes, my cholesterol and triglycerides are "amazing"

All the nurses in the office were going nuts asking about what I did.

Comment

• Not a triumph - a missed opportunity

At a restaurant I overheard the group across from me talking about diets. Atkins, what is low carb, what is allowed, etc. Due to the fact that none of them could hear their waitress when she'd come by to ask if they needed anything, I decided against trying to instill MDA on them. I even wrote out on a torn sheet of paper the website but I chickened out when I left. They were all much older than me; definitely retired; probably 80s. They were also talking about back problems and other ailments. Like I said in the Title, missed opportunity for them.
        Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
        CW: 10-11-16: 144
        GW: 130 a dream, I know
        Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Congrats to everyone; and WeldingHank - WOW.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

Comment

• So I'm not "overweight" in the BMI sense of the word but by BF% is definitely higher than I'm happy with. Finally after a lot of tinkering recently have worked out a good balance and am beginning to see BF loses AND muscle gains. My weight has gone up, but I actually couldn't care less because my body is looking better.
            Took out nuts and upped my carb intake (sweet potatoes/rice/bananas) and feeling pretty sweet. Found that the extra carbs have curbed my sugar cravings too.
            Very happy!
            My Primal Journal

Comment

• I crossed the 220lb mark this past week. First time in 12 years that I've been that light. When the scale read 218.8 I had to double check! Officially I'm down close to 20lbs in just over 6 weeks of Primal living. My belts and pants are getting loose as are my shirts. Gonna have to start clothing shopping soon!

The biggest success though has been chronic pain levels. I've abused my body in the past. Competitive martial arts in my teens and early twenties left me with a bad right shoulder and left knee and fractures of both shins. A hunting accident in my early 30's left me with two titanium rods and seven screws holding my spine together. I had become accustomed to 1-2 naproxin sodium (Aleve) a day just to cope.

In the past month I've been pain, and pain killer, free. It's been liberating. If I never lose another pound it's worth it!

Almost forgot that I now seem to be not allergic to cutting my grass! Allergy meds gone too!

Comment

• Originally posted by rantingredneck View Post
                I crossed the 220lb mark this past week. First time in 12 years that I've been that light. When the scale read 218.8 I had to double check! Officially I'm down close to 20lbs in just over 6 weeks of Primal living. My belts and pants are getting loose as are my shirts. Gonna have to start clothing shopping soon!

The biggest success though has been chronic pain levels. I've abused my body in the past. Competitive martial arts in my teens and early twenties left me with a bad right shoulder and left knee and fractures of both shins. A hunting accident in my early 30's left me with two titanium rods and seven screws holding my spine together. I had become accustomed to 1-2 naproxin sodium (Aleve) a day just to cope.

In the past month I've been pain, and pain killer, free. It's been liberating. If I never lose another pound it's worth it!

Almost forgot that I now seem to be not allergic to cutting my grass! Allergy meds gone too!
                Getting relief from chronic pain is huge! Congratulations!!!!!

mommymd
                --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Vacation success

Came back from a 2 week summer vacation. During those 2 weeks I ate 80/20, had icecream 3 times but didn't finish any of the servings. Sprinted once. Hiked 3 times. Ate Oysters, drank little wine. Got lots of sun. I haven't weighed myself yet, but all clothes fit and even bought some that were medium (started extra large). I consider all of that a success.

mommymd.
                  --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by mommymd View Post
                    Came back from a 2 week summer vacation. During those 2 weeks I ate 80/20, had icecream 3 times but didn't finish any of the servings. Sprinted once. Hiked 3 times. Ate Oysters, drank little wine. Got lots of sun. I haven't weighed myself yet, but all clothes fit and even bought some that were medium (started extra large). I consider all of that a success.

mommymd.
                    LIKE!

my wife and I went on vacation(colorado), and did the same thing pretty much. Ate 80/20, sprinted and hiked, tons of sun. She came back 5lbs lighter, myself 7lbs lighter. Its funny how being in a good mood for an entire week can just speed things up.

Comment

• My size 4 pants are a bit tight. This is a good thing because they were pretty comfortable a few weeks ago, I'm visibly not any fatter, but I've been working out more, which means it must be muscle!
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Just discovered that all beef that's sold in French supermarkets are grass-fed.
                        Same for all meats except pork and chicken.

I was so worried about the fact I couldn't find grass fed meat. Haha. Awesome.
                        Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                        (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

• wearing a jacket i have kept for 20 years just because i always liked it

even thought i outgrew it months after buying it

priceless!!!
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                            wearing a jacket i have kept for 20 years just because i always liked it

even thought i outgrew it months after buying it

priceless!!!
                            That's awesome.

Slimming into clothes you never thought you would wear again is really an awesome feeling. Just this week I had to put my heavy pants from the dresser into a closet because, in my wife's words, they looked like clown pants.

Comment

• Had a big success over the last couple days! I have lost a total of 30lbs (as of today), I was able to fit into size 32 pants (I was a 36 in early may), and when I saw the ex GF (the breakup was an inspiration for me to make the change) for the first time since June and she could not believe the weight I had dropped and how fit and happy I looked! Winner winner chicken dinner!
                              Male 40 Years Old
                              210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
                              ??? LBs- GW
                              36"- Starting pant size
                              32" - Current Pant size

Comment

• Chin-up.

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X