No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed couch to 5k yesterday. Going to keep running but cutting down to two runs a week to make it easier to fit in.

Comment

• My triumph is in having finally talked my Dad into going Primal. Yay! He has been fully Primal for a little over a month and his blood pressure has gone down by 20 points and he was able to get off his BP meds. Also gone are the shooting pains and swelling in his feet due to pre-diabetes.

And he's 86. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Comment

• My primal puppy She loves coconut flakes and cream/milk.

Comment

• Brownies, pineapple cake, day-glo cupcakes, crackers, monkey bread, cinnamon rolls... ALL of this is on the treats table right next to me and I DON'T WANT A BITE OF IT! I thought the brownies would be really difficult, I LOVE brownies, but they're the cakey kind with frosting and I was really in the mood for the thin kind with the flaky top. They don't look appetizing at all Normally I'd be all over the sweets as part of my "20%".

Finally, I'm able to make 20% ACTUALLY 20%

Comment

• Seven years ago DH had a heart attack from high cholesterol and plaque buildup. After eating Primal for the last year his cardiologist was shocked to discover that his arteries are completely normal. No sign of plaque AT ALL!!!
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
              Seven years ago DH had a heart attack from high cholesterol and plaque buildup. After eating Primal for the last year his cardiologist was shocked to discover that his arteries are completely normal. No sign of plaque AT ALL!!!
              I WISH my father-in-law would listen... he had a quintuple!!! bypass at Christmas... and is pulling that "moderation" crap...
              Trust me, it's NOT all that "moderate" at all.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I have a triumph...a small one.
                I have some major health issues, and losing weight is as slow as pouring cold molasses, but I stick to my guns and eat very cleanly.
                Husband told me that he can tell my caboose is getting narrower, he's started suggesting I get some new jeans because mine are getting baggy and I've been putting it off, and yesterday I pulled my jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping... and easily pulled them back UP the same way!

I'm the tortoise. Slow, but steady.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• A small success here, too: I have finally found what to eat when so it works for me! I lost 4 lbs in the last 3 days and feel good. So does the family!

Comment

• I had a relatively small triumph by many people's standards, but after a couple months of effort, I was able to do a pull up on Sunday and three today. For me, it was actually pretty big, because it was the first time in my 45 years on this earth I have ever done one.

Just wish I had worked this hard when I was in my 20s.

Comment

• I've lost 40 pounds since December 28, 2011! I'm below my wedding weight (8.5 years ago) and almost to my college baseball weight (204 pounds).

I'm estatic. Celebrated tonight with my family with some ice cream from Graeter's (look them up, it's the best ice cream ever)
                      Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

Comment

• I think the best thing is not being ruled by wild blood sugar lows all the time. Being able to go out without worrying where the next meal is coming from is great for me.

My Mum and I have always had some form of hypoglycaemia (we think) whereby if we don't eat every few hours we feel awful. That has gone now and I feel like I am in control. I love that.

I'm really sensitive to carbs - especially rice. If I eat rice or pasta I am starving as soon as I have finished the meal.

Comment

• I brought down omega 3 fish oil in girl world. Thread has almost 5,000 views.

Comment

• My employer gave out free shirts for cancer awareness last month or the month before - and hey, who doesn't like free stuff - and I asked for a medium since I had some medium shirts that fit pretty well. The shirt didn't really fit at all. Too short and hugging the hell out of my fat. I just tried it on yesterday and it fit pretty darn well. Surprising since I haven't seen much outward weight loss or body recomposition lately.

Comment

• I showed my copy of the PB to one of the people in my office today and after a quick read of the first few pages asked if they could borrow it to read, I call success (if a minor one) . And got them signed up to the newsletters from MDA. Now just have to tell them to visit the forum

Comment

• Just realized I can't remember the last time I used my cool can opener. Additionally, I make far fewer trips to the bottle return now that I'm off the diet coke addiction! Yeah
                                Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                                CW: 10-11-16: 144
                                GW: 130 a dream, I know
                                Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X