Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY FIRST PRIMAL TRIUMPH!!!

9lbs down in 17 days!!! No excessive running. No counting calories. Just primal (with some chocolate torte... ha ha).
    I'm SO excited. I haven't weighed this weight since HS graduation!
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

Comment

• BIG TRIUMPH!!

I've finally reached my goal weight After years of struggles with in using CW, I've achieved in a a few easy tasty months!!

The goal (116lbs) actually feels a bit arbitrary now, considering I've started strength training, and I like the feeling of having muscles
      The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

• My first "goal" weight was 200 lbs.

Was is the key word here.

Weighed in at 199.2 this morning! 50 lbs down!

Time for a new wardrobe starting with pants...

Comment

• not only did I *want* liver, I enjoyed it!!

Comment

• After 3-1/2 weeks primal, my mother came to visit and said, "Wow, you look thinner!"
            I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
            CW:166.4 lbs.
            GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

• I got on the scale this morning and down 7lbs putting me at 57lbs lost. I can't believe it!!!! Primal is amazing!!!! BTW congrats to EVERYONE on their conqures successes!!!!!

Comment

• I was pushing a 40" waist before going primal (was pretty much the final straw that motivated me again). Yesterday, I fit into a 34" pair of shorts, and bought a 34" belt! Pretty stoked about that. Haven't had a 34" belt in probably 15 years. I'm two pounds from entering the 210's.

:-)

Nice job, everyone!
                Last edited by adameads; 04-20-2012, 08:29 PM.
                Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

Comment

• No great triumphs this week other than my weight lifting- more celebrations to come though, I'm sure. The end of the grain cheat is near, I can feel it.

Comment

• Before a workout, I ran my hand over my abdomen mindlessly. I got freaked out for a couple of minutes trying to decide if I had a tumor or some weird scar tissue adhesion due to my c-section three years ago. Very carefully I palpated the area and detected 6 bilateral lumps. I had found actual muscle there! First time ever! I don't know how much weight I've lost since I started April 1st, but all of my pants fall down when I run and my fitted shirts look like tents. I need a new wardrobe.

Comment

• A couple of days ago, I had to go shopping for new workout clothes, as the XLs I had were just too big. I selected an assortment of clothing items in L, and went to try them on. And then went back for mediums. I haven't been a medium ANYTHING since I was 23 years old! I almost cried, right there in the dressing room.
                      Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

• Originally posted by Bron View Post
                        not only did I *want* liver, I enjoyed it!!
                        A TRUE VICTORY. I love liver.
                        Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                        Friend me on "The Facebook"
                        Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meegads View Post
                          A couple of days ago, I had to go shopping for new workout clothes, as the XLs I had were just too big. I selected an assortment of clothing items in L, and went to try them on. And then went back for mediums. I haven't been a medium ANYTHING since I was 23 years old! I almost cried, right there in the dressing room.
                          congrats Meegads! I can attest to how great it feels to be back in a smaller size! it was great when my large grey hoodied sweats, which I had been running in for so long, suddenly started to dwarf me...
                          Plus..... (besides the hurtin' it puts on the budget)... getting new workout clothes is win
                          Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                          Friend me on "The Facebook"
                          Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

• I just finished up with my first Whole 30. I stepped on the scale and was down 20 pounds, awesome!

Awesomer? I've found a psychological trick to keep myself from pigging out on the treats here at work. I know the 80-20 rule but if I have one piece (of whatever) I'll have another, and another, and snack on it all day. I just can't have one, and that's addiction wrenching my arm. Telling myself "You can't have this ever" doesn't work either, because then I just throw up my hands and say "screw it". Then today I had an idea and I really think it's going to work well. If someone brings in something I really like and I really want, I tell myself that I can have it if I go home and make it myself, and make sure it's really GOOD stuff. Inevitably, by the time I get home I'm not interested.

I'm still dealing with that sugar monkey in my brain, and I understand I won't be completely 'cured' after just one course of the whole 30, but this first month has been great

Comment

• I've ditched weight goals and been monitoring BF% instead. I've gone sub 20... 19%! WOOT!
                              You don't have to be sick to get better.
                              Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                              Primal start: 1/2/2012
                              My Primal Journal
                              Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                                I've ditched weight goals and been monitoring BF% instead. I've gone sub 20... 19%! WOOT!
                                Hell yeah! I'm sitting right at 20% and can't wait to get into the teen BF%. It'll be the first time ever in my adult life.

My triumph for today: was helping set up for Relay for Life this morning (great cause, support it if you can!) and got mistaken by high school students as a high school student. About three of them thought they had a class with me despite the fact I graduated in 2007, lol!

They didn't believe me when I told them I was 23 and not 17. I literally had to gather witnesses to testify that I was in fact 23.
                                Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

Working...
                                X