Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
    Nice! At least you got her thinking. Sometimes it just takes a few people mentioning over time to get it to sink in enough to make them want to look into the whys and hows.
    This is exactly the process that got me looking into paleo, and had me Googling Mark Sisson & PB. Planting the seeds works!

And my triumph for today, as I start to eat in a primal way: I actually stopped eating breakfast, and then lunch, when I was satisfied, not when I was stuffed. Such a novel concept! I feel pretty good about it as a start to this journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maestar View Post
      This is exactly the process that got me looking into paleo, and had me Googling Mark Sisson & PB. Planting the seeds works!

And my triumph for today, as I start to eat in a primal way: I actually stopped eating breakfast, and then lunch, when I was satisfied, not when I was stuffed. Such a novel concept! I feel pretty good about it as a start to this journey.
      Excellent. Isn't it empowering? When suddenly your body doesn't feel desperate to gorge because it knows how to not be starving 2 hours later. True satiety. It just keeps getting better!
      You don't have to be sick to get better.
      Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
      Primal start: 1/2/2012
      My Primal Journal
      Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Dinner last night was about 7pm, didn't eat again till 1pm today! Normally I'd be fainting from low BSL but this didn't even hurt (I used to find hunger pangs painful). I only ate at that time because I was returning to work again and wouldn't get to eat till about 7pm tonight and didn't want to risk needing food in that time (physical job).

Comment

• Slid (comfortably) into my 36" jeans today. A couple weeks ago, I couldn't get them buttoned.
          Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

Comment

• Yeah, so I'm down to my lowest weight in 2 years. 232.4!!!
            Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

Comment

• Attempted my first ever plank last night and held it for a whole minute!

Comment

• I love reading these triumphs!

A small one of my own:
                I pulled down a pair of jeans yesterday without unbuttoning them.

(those jeans were a good/slightly tight fit only weeks ago!)

Comment

• The other day my 3 (almost 4) year old came home from a class notorious for not-healthy-by-any-standards treats... without any treats! We asked her if they had had treats in class and she answered, "There were marshmallows, but there is WAY too much sugar in them... *giggle*... so I left them on my chair!" That's a primal mama triumph right there!

My sons teacher pulled me into conversation about PB and our new eating habits. She wants to borrow my book and has started bringing fruit as snacks instead of candy! WIN!
                  My Primal Journal

Comment

• Had a few links removed from my watch now that my WRISTS are getting smaller!!!

Comment

• I got a text today from a friend that I encouraged to go Primal. She's been at it about 6 weeks and has lost 14 lbs. She also slept soundly through the night for the first time in a LONG time. Also her insulin-dependent type-1-diabetic husband saw his doc and was told this was exactly what he should be doing to heal his leaky kidneys! His doc is immediately backing him off his insulin dosage because he's been using so much less!
                      I'm so happy for them and I have so much energy I think I'm going to go do some sprints!!
                      My Primal Journal

Comment

• This morning while lying in bed I was thinking about my progress and idly doing math in my head when I realized: I have lost almost 1/4 of the weight I had when I started.

Also my boyfriend (who started dating me right before I went primal) pointed out that me being thinner has allowed us to get into more interesting sexual positions
                        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• After a week of going primal, I am 5lbs. down, feeling fantastic, and starting to want to move more. Today, I literally lunged across the entire office to go to the bathroom. Then, just because I was feeling that great, I grabbed two water bottles from the fridge and lunged back to my office (I mean, I needed the weights!). Boy does it feel good to move! <---- This is something I haven't thought in about 13 years.
                          My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                            Also my boyfriend (who started dating me right before I went primal) pointed out that me being thinner has allowed us to get into more interesting sexual positions
                            That has been a motivational tool I keep using with my DH...glad to hear someone else say it too!

No real big success except to say I have now survived two whole weeks without a single cheat! (Unless you count the fruit and nuts I am trying to cut out...but I don't want to). And, my kids are eating kale and eating other new and delicious things!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• My parents are turning more and more primal .

Comment

• I held a plank for a minute. I think it was a minute. The class instructor was timing it and sometimes his 20 seconds last forever and his minutes seem short. I hurt all over now though so it was something.
                                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X