No announcement yet.

Share a triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel this is a triumph, I went to McDonalds to rant about co-workers and ate a Big Mac minus half the bun (already a triumph in my book) and my friend ate her burger minus half the bun (I am converting her another win), but the even better part is I got incredibly mad at one of my co-workers and did not rush out and buy nasty junk food or eat the French Fries that came with my friends meal (neither of us wanted them) instead I drank a bottle of water.

Comment

• everything i do is a triumph

Comment

• Last week was a triumph for me. I'm nearly 43, have a back injury (so not much exercise in the past 10 years), 4 children. Last week, I filled in for 2 people at work (I've only been working since last May btw, SAHM before then), which resulted in 12 hour days Mon, Tues, Wed and 6 Thurs and Fri. I breezed it! Wasn't exhausted (pleasantly tired), ate relatively small amounts of food, IF'd each day (cos I was up at 4.30am), no problems getting out of bed.

And I started the leptin reset last Aug, took till Jan to completely get there, but now, instead of thinking of food all the time, I'm thinking about sex all the time! LOL Now I have a better understanding of what men go through

Comment

• Really enjoying reading everyone's triumphs! A few from the last month or so for me:

1) I no longer care what I weigh. Been "stuck" at 280-285 for several months now, but my clothes slowly get looser and I keep getting stronger. I don't care what the scale says, I care what my friends and family say. Had a longtime friend tell me last weekend how skinny I look - that's the kind of stuff that sticks with you.

2) Truly enjoying my food has become a big focus, no matter what I'm eating.

3) Started wearing Merrell barefoot type shoes. I have disproportionately large big toes, so I figured this was a better way to go than the Five Fingers.

4) Signed up for not one, but two Tough Mudder courses - doing the Wisconsin one in September and the Twin Cities one in May. Perhaps I'll see some of you there??? Might do another one or two over the summer as time and money permit

Keep the good vibes coming - I love reading these things!

Comment

• Finally broke the 200's(started at 280) and am now able to wear Medium(started at almost XXXL) size shirts. Hell yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwarehank View Post
              Finally broke the 200's(started at 280) and am now able to wear Medium(started at almost XXXL) size shirts. Hell yeah!
              Bam!
              Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
              Follow me on google+
              Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
              "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Yesterday I got out a suit I'd bought new & had tailored for an event exactly one year ago.

Front now overlaps to where the button & buttonhole line up with my armpits.
                Shoulder padding sticks out 2" beyond my actual shoulders on each side.

"Worthless now," I thought.

Then as I put the clown-suit back on its hanger, I checked the pocket. $20 cash!
                6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
                ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

• After working at it for almost 9 months, I did my first, unassited, pull-up! Also hit 60 lbs. gone today (but I'm more excited about the pull-up).

Congrats to everyone on all the personal triumphs!

Comment

• So i pulled out the dreaded scale this morning after moving a ring to a different finger to keep wearing it.

14 days of freezing my balls off in ice-water.
                    12 pounds removed
                    priceless
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Rock it, Q!
                      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• It's been 117 days since I had a sugar hangover.

I forgot what it was like till someone else mentioned one. Dang, I don't miss those.
                        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• PEM progress triumph!!
                          50 deep squats while using my 25lb 2-year-old as a weight
                          30 consecutive pushups (on toes, not knees)
                          5 unassisted pullups in a row (then a few more with a little push off)
                          1:32 plank
                          (All during IF)
                          This is huge progress for me! I'm dead set on getting up to a 2 minute plank. It's gonna happen!!
                          You don't have to be sick to get better.
                          Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                          Primal start: 1/2/2012
                          My Primal Journal
                          Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Awesome triumphs!!

I had one recently again I found out that since I started eating more Primal I've lost 2 inches off the fattest point in my torso!!! Which I think is amazing because I started mid January. Also I'm slowly pulling away from "treats" and "rewarding myself" yay!! I almost was able to skip two meals today, but I had to quick run out and get something because my blood sugar was very low.

Comment

• I convinced someone on another forum in the "weight loss" thread (I participate for support & to get advice on exercise and such) to give barefoot running a try. They're going to try stretching out their feet more at the very least, and getting an analysis done on their gait to see if they can find the "right shoe". Not exactly what I meant, but better than shelling out tons of $$ for stupid Nikes built for runners that destroy your feet (she had mentioned a lot of pain after running).
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                                I convinced someone on another forum in the "weight loss" thread (I participate for support & to get advice on exercise and such) to give barefoot running a try. They're going to try stretching out their feet more at the very least, and getting an analysis done on their gait to see if they can find the "right shoe". Not exactly what I meant, but better than shelling out tons of $$ for stupid Nikes built for runners that destroy your feet (she had mentioned a lot of pain after running).
                                Nice! At least you got her thinking. Sometimes it just takes a few people mentioning over time to get it to sink in enough to make them want to look into the whys and hows.

Triumph: New neighbor/friend is a doctor. Found out last night, he's got celiac and is very pro-paleo/primal! I almost cheered out loud!
                                You don't have to be sick to get better.
                                Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                                Primal start: 1/2/2012
                                My Primal Journal
                                Living, loving and learning.

Comment

Working...
                                X