What did you have for Thanksgiving?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you have for Thanksgiving?

I'll start...I had two chicken breasts, pees, green bean casserole, mushrooms, brussell sprouts, ham, chicken gravy, two cups of coffee, and a small amount of dark chocolate!

Dark meat turkey, sirloin, homemade venison salami and a few small pieces of Havarti cheese. Made sweet potatoes w/butter and heavy cream for everyone else which were warmly received, and my gravy came out perfect despite the lack of taste testing

Comment

Chinese buffet (mandarin in canada if anyone knows about it)...I am an American stranded in Canada right now, it is like a ghost holiday up here unfortunately.

All you can eat Chinese isn't traditional thanksgiving food, but it is damn delicious.

Comment

Bobbylight be thankful you are an American stranded in Canada. Up here we provide access to ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, CNBC, etc. YOU aren't that far away from home.

My son is a Canadian stranded in the United States. Access to CBC and CTV is denied.

As for being a ghost holiday... Canadian Thanksgivings date back long before yours in the U.S. We celebrated in October. I'm sure you enjoyed the Monday without classes at Mac.

Comment

Lol no Thanksgiving here... mom's working and I'm alone at home, but here's what I had (it was delicious, nonetheless):

Kale and Broccoli with Olive Oil

Some Turkey Breast I bought from a restaurant nearby

Pumpkin Puree with Butter

Blueberries (hey, closest thing to cranberries I had, lol)

Milk

For dessert I made these dark chocolate pancakes, something I've been thinking of doing for a long time... It was basically just eggs and cream cooked into pancakes in CO, and sprinkled lots of dark chocolate and stevia on top, then I closed them.

And finished it off with some coffee.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Roast chicken, steamed broccoli w/butter and a wedge of avocado. Finished off with tea cut with cream.

I finally learned how to brine. So the brine for the chicken consisted of salt, honey, pepper and fresh sprigs of rosemary.

The chicken cooked for several hours at a lower temperature and I draped bacon over the top while it cooked, until the last half hour. The bacon disappeared very quickly after I removed it from the bird.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
            Current weight: 199
            Goal: 145

Comment

EVERYTHING IN FRONT OF ME!!! I have been eating 90% clean so I went for it...mac n cheese, green been casserole, bread, stuffing, turkey w/ gravy and two pieces of peanut butter pie!! It was off the chart delish for a day anyway!

Comment

Vick, I have been up here for a few years and celebrated thanksgiving in October. I do celebrate with my aunts, uncles, and cousins, but not my brother, sister, or parents. And then in november, they are all celebrating, but I always have a ton of school work to do and classes. I always feel like Canadian thanksgiving isn&#39;t the real thanksgiving just because most of my friends and family aren&#39;t celebrating it at the same time.

Anyway, I don&#39;t know why anyone would want CTV and CBC anyway to be honest . The only good thing about Canadian TV is the fact that a lot of it is uncensored even on basic cable...something that definitely is not the case in America.

Anyway, a bit off topic, but there are a bunch of things I really like about america. I would say one of them is netflix, and if you have never had netflix, you do not know what you are missing. It is amazing. Also cheaper cable, tv, phone, cell phone, groceries, electronics, clothing, and pretty much anything else you are going to buy. Canada does have free healthcare (which is nice for my poor ass) and tim hortons...it is a decent trade off I guess.

Comment

Mostly turkey and salad and a little plain baked sweet potato.

But then...a few bites each of stuffing, cranberry sauce, ham, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake. No more than a few smallish bites of each, I promise.

But then...later, we celebrated my son&#39;s 6th birthday and I ate a piece of birthday cake. Yikes!

Comment

@Raphael S., alright...I need to know exactly how to make those pancakes if you don&#39;t mind. Dumb it down a bit for me....I&#39;m kinda new to this....lol

Comment

Glad you asked.

It&#39;s not complicated, but this is how I did it:

I whisked eggs and heavy cream together. Then I put that mixture in a pan with coconut oil and made it in the form of a pancake. While it was cooking, I sprinkled it with grated dark chocolate and stevia. Then I carefully folded the pancake as not to let the chocolate leak, and kept cooking until it became a little brown.

Can&#39;t say it came out perfectly though, so you might want to play around with it... :P I wish I had coconut flakes, and hazelnuts would have been awesome too... Next time I will add a little almond flour to the mixture so it&#39;s more like a pancake.

So much stuff you can do with eggs!!!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

-Turkey of course (free-range, no antibiotics/ growth hormones, etc.)I ate all the organs too.

-root veggie mix (turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, carrots)

-pork loin (not happy like the turnkey :[)

-sauteed green beans, walnuts, onions

-baked squash

Yum

Comment

@bobbylight you have lived here long enough to appreciate there are differences. Where we agree is on the good things, each country provides. I love your cheap prices on many things. UP here business will gouge. The greatest source of innovation contrary to American beliefs occurs here in Canada, Australia or in Britain. Japan are the greatest manufacturers. (China is cheap, but so is the quality.) American business is the best and I mean the very best when it comes to sales and marketing.

Canadians James Woodward and Mathew Evans invented the light bulb. They sold their patent to Thomas Eddison.

MY daughter-in-law loves CBC. She is an American. Her Dad is U.S.Army. She likes the lack of censorship and an unbiased view.

But this is a forum for primal living and not politics. Enjoy your stay in Canada. We are proud of the fact we are the first country in the world that became a country without firing a shot.

Comment

Thanks Raphael S

Comment

I had a small gathering with my neighbors. I over wine&#39;d a bit but that was my only downfall. I brought and limited myself to:

Turkey Cranberry Feta Burgers

Garlic Mashed Cauliflower

Both were amazing!

As the ladies will understand, despite being hit with that most lovely time of the month this morn, I have no sweet cravings and am completely satisfied by this meal. I&#39;m off the hook in that I&#39;m not at a giant party with my family and tempted by lot&#39;s of chocolatey crap, but I&#39;m happy that my only transgression has been a white russian and two glasses of Tempranillo. I&#39;ll feel it in the morn but normally I feel it much more than I will tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X