Primal - only justified by evolution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal - only justified by evolution?

Everyone on paleo/primal seems to accept evolution as fact. Many articles explaining why we should eat this way use evolution as proof. Can these diets in any way be justified from a creationist perspective? Are there any creationists here at all?

Why can't creationism be evolution itself? I don't understand how they must go against each other. What if God created humans THROUGH evolution? There's a lot of evidence in genesis that suggests this. I read about it a long time ago, so as it's not fresh in my memory, I can't go any further into it. God works in mysterious ways, anyways, doesn't he?

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

In order of creation in Genesis, we&#39;ve got seed-bearing plants, trees that bear fruit, creatures in the water, creatures in the air, livestock, land animals, and wild animals.

There you have it. Genesis says nothing specific about grains or beans or sugar. ;D

Comment

Then again, grains are seed-bearing plants, and beans are seeds too. Oh well, so much for that theory.

Comment

I believe in both actually. Reincarnation is at the center of my beliefs, and I believe the evolution of our souls caused our bodies to evolve too.

Comment

I am not convinced by the theory of evolution.

However, I do see a lot of science that supports the primal lifestyle.

Logically, it seems to me that humans could have been created to thrive on high fat, low carb, short & intense exercise, etc., just as easily as they could have evolved that way.

In other words, the specifics of how we got this way doesn&#39;t change the way we are.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Your kidding right? Please tell me your kidding... Eating primally needs no defense from me, so instead, im going on the offensive.

GMO= God Move Over

When you eat grains your eating food that scientists think is better then God&#39;s. They think that God created humans insufficiently, and our food insufficiently. Genetically modifying is actually the anti-God in the situation you brought up. Is God stupid? Of course not. He put foods on this earth in all the right portions of nutrients and allowed us the ability to attain these foods relatively easily. We EVOLVED over the past millions of years because of how we used to eat. It is only now that we are beginning to DEGENERATE because of grains. If you think its not all connected, you are ignorant. The human race is at a decline, along with the world, and humans are to blame. Not God.

And before you try to say that Evolution and religion are not connected or could no way be connected, study some world religion.

I don&#39;t mean to come off as a dick, but you can&#39;t just come in here and make unsupported comments that not only insult someone&#39;s lifestyle beliefs, but also religious beliefs.

sigpic
              In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Somebody needs to relax...

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
                ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

I agree with Raphael S. I don&#39;t think that creationism has to conflict with evolution! I believe that God created everything through evolution, which, when you think about it, is even more impressive than just doing it in 7 days. There is someone who did a lecture on this subject (I think is name is Father Baron), and he put it as the Bible is basically a whole library, not one single book. Some parts are non-fiction, some parts are myths and legends, some parts are poetry ETC...

God does work in mysterious ways ~_^

My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
                  *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Clm6nlWxzc

Comment

Darien,

If you are a day-age creationist, yes. This theology does not disagree with evolution. If you are a young-earth creationist, then no. Grok would be older than the entire earth.

But evolution *is* a fact, so it&#39;s best to accept it as such. To do otherwise will just make life really hard on you.

Comment

Evolution is a fact and is, at least form my perspective, the core argument behind the PB.

Evolution is incompatible with creationism in that the former is fueled by random mutations and natural selection, and the latter implies purpose. Purpose and randomness do not mix.

Some people follow the PB for utilitarian reasons, others because it makes sense. I don&#39;t see how creationists could belong to the latter.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                        "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

We probably didn&#39;t evolve eating bacon, cooked meats, and a variety of fruits and veggies form all over the world. The PB actually works. People will tell you that you feel good doing it, and you lose weight (if you need to.) Also, with a large amounts of fruits and veggies you shouldn&#39;t be defficient of any vitamins or minerals (other than maybe magnesium, potassium, and calcium, but these can be easily remedied.) You don&#39;t have to see evolution to believe in PB, just results.

Comment

Large amounts of fruit and veg are not required for obtaining vitamins and minerals bobby boy, humans can happily flourish on a carnivorous diet alone. fruit and veg is purely personal preference.

Everyone has the rights to "own" an opinion, but no one has the right to own facts, simple as. Evolution is a fact, doesn&#39;t matter what your opinion (=religion/beliefs) is, you can make anything up to justify it, or not! and I&#39;m sure you will...that is if you wanna stay healthy.

Comment

I know primal produces great results for a lot of people in the short-term, but what about long-term? Can people on primal really expect to be in good health in their 90s and even reach 100 or beyond? Or will they have died by their 60s or 70s?

The following is a quote from http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/diet-myths-do-primitive-peoples-really-live-longer.html

"Inuit Greenlanders, who historically have had limited access to fruits and vegetables, have the worst longevity statistics in North America. Research from the past and present shows that they die on the average about 10 years younger and have a higher rate of cancer than the overall Canadian population.

Similar statistics are available for the high meat-consuming Maasai in Kenya. They eat a diet high in wild hunted meats and have the worst life expectancy in the modern world. Life expectancy is 45 years for women and 42 years for men. African researchers report that, historically, Maasai rarely lived beyond age 60. Adult mortality figures on the Kenyan Maasai show that they have a 50% chance of dying before the age of 59."

Jack Lalanne, currently 95 and still in great shape, gets most of his protein from egg whites, soy protein, and occasionally fish. He eats brown rice, whole wheat, and 10 fresh vegetables a day. He doesn&#39;t eat red meat, chicken, or white sugar. How could this be possible if according to the theory of evolution, we haven&#39;t been adapted to eating grains yet?

http://www.teamflex.com/fitness_cons...ws/lalanne.asp

Comment

Working...
                              X