Home-made chocolate? How to do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home-made chocolate? How to do it?

Hey all...hope you home-cooks can chime in here. I'm a bit of a choco-addict (my one down-fall) and generally eat a teeny but of high-%-cocoa chocolate after dinner, but I really want to make my own so I can better control the ingredients esp. the sugar. Any easy recipe's?

Nina, not sure how to make it at home but if you want to control the sugar, try Pralus 100%, it's unsweetened but tastes simply amazing. And the cost of the bar deters me from ODing on it.

Comment

For a cheap healthy chocolate fix with a healthy dose of fat, try coconut oil bark.

Melt 1/2 cup coconut oil, and mix in 1/4 cup cocoa, chopped nuts and a drizzle of honey if you'd like. Taste and see first. Pour into a pan or dish, and refridgerate until set. Cut into small squares and enjoy!

Sometimes I add nut butter, but it makes it a bit softer, like fudge.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

ummmm...ok...that sounds great! Gonna give this a try tonight.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Found one more from a NT blog, similar to lil_EM's. The sugar can be reduced or substituted w/ something else:

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/...crmptious.html

Comment

These too are from the Nourishing Gourmet blog--on the chocolate link--the fudge is delicious...(Her blog has lots of great ideas!)

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2008/12/honey-sweetened-dark-chocolate-macadamia-nuts.html

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/...chocolate.html

My Before/After Pics
            Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Hi FairyRae!!!! Glad you're here.

I love this blog, I'm off to find more yummy healthy recipes! Thanks for sharing.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
              -John Lennon

Comment

Oh goodie!! So many great replies! Thanks everyone. I'm gonna go off and experiment.

Comment

i like mixing unsweetened cocoa powder into cold coconut milk. it gets thicker and richer the more cocoa dust you add yum!

Comment

Thanks for the Nourishing Gourmet link and Coconut Bark recipe. I will definitely try some later this week. Nice to have a healthy chocolate treat around when you want one.

Comment

Just want to say a big thanks for sharing all these recipe's. I made a kind of fudge this afternoon using coconut creme, coconut oil, coconut flakes, cocoa and a touch of water. It was awesome! I didn't even need any sugar or sweetener. Totally satisfied my chocolate craving, plus gave me a nice wad of fat...yum!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Nina. I'm tempted to try it now. My dark chocolate supply has been depleted anyway.

Comment

maba - oh, do it, do it! So much cheaper than the bars, and you get all that delicious fat too

Comment

Working...
                          X