Interesting comments from people who have not seen me for a while

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting comments from people who have not seen me for a while

My sister came into town with her lovley little baby son. The whole family showed up, many have not seen me for about two months. They all freaked out over how much weight I have lost. It is interesting how I don't feel like I have lost that much but they all disagreed with comments of "it's your face!", or "you look so much better", or "whoa! what are you doing to loose that much". To be honest it made me feel just a tad uncomfortable, and talking to people about PB is hard as they just go..."oh, it's atkins"....and I have to say no it isn't.

Either way I have to put it down under a sucess story.

Oh...the weight.....

started at 255....down to 226

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin17 View Post
      Oh...the weight.....

started at 255....down to 226
      Awesome ! Congratulations on the weight loss !
      "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

I hear you. It's awkward when they say, "gee, you've lost a LOT of weight." I don't feel like I have really, just around 20 lbs. But I lost it all in a month CW (really ED to be honest), and then gained ten back gradually, then lost that again with PB over a few months. So I don't see it as such a big deal, but I get lots of comments. I think part of it is that I lost a lot of bloating, especially in my face and waistline, so that's probably a bigger change than I'm aware of.

Comment

I hate trying to explain PB/Primal/Paleo to people. Everyone either wants to debate you or just thinks your crazy... even after visible results.

Anyways... Congrats on the weight loss.
          "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
          - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

Great Job!!!
            Julia
            Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
            Started Primal Mid January 2011
            Current Weight 183
            Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
            http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

I know the feeling. Last time I was visiting my folks, my mother was telling me that I didn't ned to lose any more weight. I had apparently lost enough "weight" between December and now that my mom is worried about me. I hadn't actually lost any weight, but my face and body apparently have much more definition.
              Congrats!
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

WTG

It is a bit awkward trying to explain PB to people, everyone is so entrenched in the belief that we NEED whole grains and all this other non-sense about red meat causing heart attacks and what not.
                  My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Congrats on your weight loss!
                    Weight loss in general is difficult and awkward to explain. When I lost 35lbs two years ago, my neighbor commented that I had lost a "ton of weight". I responded, "well it's not really a ton..." and she said "yes it is! You lost a TON of weight!"
                    Thanks, I don't think I ever weighed 2204 pounds but I appreciate the thoughtfulness, I guess.
                    Whatever happened to someone saying "hey you look great!" and leaving it at that? Sometimes it's easier just to say "I've been exercising and eating well". I love the Atkins comments, too funny.

Comment

Congrats on the weight loss! Actually my family has been pretty supportive of me going Primal (they see its working). Some are still a little iffy on the no grains thing, but overall, they've been ok with it.

Comment

I think that eating Primally makes us look healthier while losing weight than any other "diet". No grain puffiness etc.
                        Also lifting heavy things and sprinting make us look thinner than we are. People just will not accept that I still have 50 pounds to lose.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

It is funny how it is very hard to explain to people how PB works without going too in depth with them. For me this really is a lifestyle so my answer to everyone when they asked "what is your goal weight" was very simple "don't know, it's when my body stops loosing weight".

Comment

Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                            Whatever happened to someone saying "hey you look great!" and leaving it at that? Sometimes it's easier just to say "I've been exercising and eating well". I love the Atkins comments, too funny.
                            While I'm far from my weight loss goal, I do weigh 45-50 lbs less than I once did. Anytime anybody said "You look great," I'd just smile and say, "I FEEL great!" And ditto on the "I've just been exercising & eating well." Let the other person decide what that means, LOL.

Comment

Congratulations! And take the comments as a good thing, you worked hard for them

I have my own funny little story about trying to explain the PB... shopping for a coat the other day, I put on a large and said how great it was that it actually zipped up. Another shopper asked me how much I lost, and I replied 25 lbs. She asked how I did it, and another woman who was standing there said "yes, how did you do it!" I started by saying I didn't eat grains, you know, bagels, bread, cereal, pasta. Both of them were like "Oh, I can't hear you La, La, La, La, La."

Don't waste your breath explaining it unless you know you have a truly receptive audience. I know I'm not going to anymore.
                              Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                              Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                              CW: 146.8 lbs
                              GW 140 lbs
                              A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Working...
                              X