Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Success Story... at least, the first bit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story, I bet letting that wheelchair go felt amazing. I wish you continued success.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Yay, I feel so inspired, Griff!

Comment

Awesome post Griff.
        Reading some of your previous posts were what encouraged me to join this forum and read the book! I am glad you shared your story with me!
        Last edited by GreenLightJerky; 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM.
        My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
        www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

Way to go, Griff! I always appreciate your point of view - you've given me some good advice. I know it's good because you've lived it!
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

Truly awesome Griff! What most in your situation would do is have gastric bypass done and you did through being primal! You're in way better health than most of those people as well. Truly an inspiration.
            Georgette

Comment

Speechless!!
              Thank you so much for sharing your story, and keep up the good spirit.

Comment

Great stuff, its amazing and I love reading other people's stories.

When you said you feel better than you did at 20...it reminds me..I was thinking back today to how I spent most of my 20s in a fog. Always tired and "half-cut". Kind of feeling hungover without the booze. Feeling like I could just drop down and sleep at any time. I'd only be okay if I had had 10 hours sleep AT LEAST. Makes me so angry at CW and very glad that you found primal and that it has worked - yay!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I've never understood why you are always so gung-ho that no one should ever cheat EVER, because it's not worth it. Now it all makes sense. Good for you that you took charge of your health and cured yourself!

Comment

I'm so happy for you! You give a lot to this community. Also, Griff, you have a book in your experience. Start writing--as soon as your dissertation is done.
                    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
                      I'm so happy for you! You give a lot to this community. Also, Griff, you have a book in your experience. Start writing--as soon as your dissertation is done.
                      Thanks, Digby! I'm actually thinking that after I get this first dissertation/book done, my second one is going to be why people continue to cling to conventional wisdom about nutrition even after being presented with the facts and evidence. Stay tuned. >
                      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Griff, that is just fantastic! You really are an inspiration and a leader, I am so glad you have found your way to shine. I can't imagine being in a wheelchair due to weight, even though a part of me knows I was headed there. Thank you for posting your story so far and sharing so much with the community.
                          Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

excellent Griff. I'm very pleased for your new found health and wellbeing. I know you are a big advocate of eating more fat can you tell us about an average day in your diet (I mean in the what you eat sense, not fad diet sense)

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                              Thanks, Digby! I'm actually thinking that after I get this first dissertation/book done, my second one is going to be why people continue to cling to conventional wisdom about nutrition even after being presented with the facts and evidence. Stay tuned. >
                              Yeah, Gary Taubes could give you a fabulous interview for that book. It's interesting being on the cutting edge of a paradigm shift.

Comment

Awesome stuff there Griff. When I first came to this site I read your cholesterol primer and it was what convinced me to dive in to the deep end of primal.
                                People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Working...
                                X