WODs 11/8-11/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WODs 11/8-11/14

Post your work-outs here for motivation and inspiration!

Let's GROK it hardcore this week!

soccer field sprints - length x 8

I grok, therefore I am.

Haha of course you would be the one to start this thread I should be fitting in a workout at some point today... Just can't decide on what !

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Wadda ya mean by that...am I excercise obsessed? :P

Just got back from a 1.5 hour Kali class. I now know how to patch someone up who has been stabbed in the lung...ugh (not from it happening but from a very descriptive explanation of what you need to do should that happen)...made me weak in the knees!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Haha nah, I was gonna say more like a workout FANATIC! Which is totally straight by the way.

WOD:

Chin-ups

5x2

4x3

3x2

2x3

1x2

Chair dips

20x3

15x2

10x1

Stick-ups (5# each)

5x3

10x2

15x1

~45mins. and the arms feel like jelly.. Also a long, leisurely bikeride around Jax...Studying can wait til the sun sets Can't wait to dig into my rotiserre chicken once it gets out of the crock pot, yum!

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Thanks for starting the new thread. Was actually gonna ask if anyone wanted to start it this week. My work schedule is very heavy so I won't be around as much.

Grok on!

Comment

I'm usually winding down after my early sunday morning sprints so if anytime it's not there, I'll go ahead and start it. I'm probably up before most anyways!

Fanatic!??! Whooooooo...meeeee? lol

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Haha you heard me!! Does your wife jump in with ya?

Comment

Very sore, and feel broken

Yesterday's workout kicked my butt *hard.*

20 inch box steps with barbell on back @ a little over 100lbs. 1 set: 8 each leg, 2 sets: 6 each leg 2 sets: 4 each leg.

Then 5 rounds of 15 deadlifts, 12 hang cleans, 9 front squats, 6 push press, all at 135 pounds. All 5 rounds took a little over 30 mins...

One of the hardest workouts I've ever done. I just wanted to finish...

Me = ouch today.

-Sean

www.SeanBissell.com

Comment

No, the wife isn't as fanatical as I am...yet! She's got the diet part down pat and has lost a good amount of weight as well.

Today's workout...

100pc - week 4, day 1, column3

pullups ladders to 10

r side plank 1:30

l side plank 1:30

front plank 2:00

renegade rows 12x35# - x2

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

ziltch today. rest & recovery day.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

joining in late, i worked it HARD this weekend

sat/5mi

sun/3mi

mon/20min of level II 30 day shred i used 5lb weights

today: rest or play? i think i deserve it

Comment

Sean, way to go! That sounds rugged.

LTC, how much weight are you guys losing?

And where is everybody else at this week?! I've got three tests coming up this week, so I probably will not be around too much...Back and shoulders are still really sore from all that arm work on Sunday, go figure!

I took time off yesterday to experience an awesome massage down at the beach...if you workout, you've GOTTA treat yourself!

Comment

@Jess - I'm at a point now where I'm not losing per se but I'm at a balance point where I'm losing inches gaining muscle. It's a delicate balance. My body seems pretty happy to fluxuate anywhere between 165 and 168, and for someone who's around 5'11" that's pretty lean. I'm finding that my weight is no longer a quick and dirty indicator of my progress. I have to resort to visual indicators to gauge my process, which is fine with me. I didn't have much to lose before I switched over to primal and I've got to my body's ideal weight - or so it would seem. So, goal achieved there. I've dropped 15lbs since going primal. Any more and I'd start to look like Christian Bale in 'The Machinist'!

I can tell there is progress being made in the strength aspect of my workouts because I can now do a ladder set of pullups to 10 (which would be 55 in total). And it's getting harder for me to work my legs from home...I think I need a gym membership soon.

My wife was doing a pre-primal combination of Chalene Extreme/p90x in the summer and we've been primal for almost 2.5 months. She's lost around 30lbs (I think...if not more) and a great deal of inches. We're both in need of a new wardrobe!

Looks like everyone else is slacking!!! j/k.

I've been reading Body By Science, which is awesome BTW, and my workouts/schedule is going to change drastically in the next few weeks. If you haven't read that book, I would highly recommend it. It'll change the way you view workouts/health/recovery and many other things.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

That's awesome...congrats on the progress. I didn't need to lose any weight either, (I think I lost about 5lbs..I went down a bit to 110lbs at 5'4..) but I definitely think primal food/exercise does great stuff for lean muscle and body composition. It's still strange to me that less time invested can yield much greater results!

What do you mean a ladder set of pullups? Like, 5x2, 5x3, 5x4?..

Is she still doing P90x? I got the program a little bit before switching to primal, and now I don't do it much anymore. Takes too much time. ;p

I've been tryyying to get over to the bookstore so I could check it out, but being without a car (and stubborn enough to pass up a free ride,) I haven't had enough time lately to do it. I might ask for it on my Christmas list. Doesn't it mainly suggest LOTS of weight with 1-2 reps or something like that?..

Comment

yeah, the whole less time mindset is something you have to wrap your head around for sure. Once I came to terms with that, I was golden!

Ladder pullups go something like this...

1 pullup - then a couple seconds of rest

2 pullups - then a couple seconds of rest

3 pullups - then a few seconds of rest

4 pullups - rest

...until you hit 10

basically this was a system designed by Pavel Tsatsouline. It was intended to be done with a partner and many times throughout the day to get the body used to the movement. This link describes it better http://tinyurl.com/lu5vdb . Essentially the break period is the amount of time that it would take your partner to do the same amount of pullups.

No, no more p90x in our household. On some occasions she'll do something from one of those vids but only for a very short period of time. We get alot of 'moving slowly' in as we choose to go without a car for the last couple of years. We walk everywhere at all times of the year.

It's kind or hard to absorb in one reading (i'll have to go over it again) but it's basically working your muscles to positive failure via Time Under Load instead of going for a specific rep count and recruiting your Fast, Glycolytic fibers which house the stored glycogen for your body's fight or flight response. After that, it's all about the recover period which is somewhere around 7 days. High Intensity, High Weight to trigger those body adaptations, and lots of rest. I'm hoping I did the wrap-up justice...if not, anyone else that is more familiar with it feel free to jump in.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X