Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey back to Life

Hi,

Just wanted to put this out there with hopes that it will inspire people to keep on chugging toward their goals in life.

I have a pretty complicated story altogether, but in a nutshell, I was diagnosed with brain tumor two years ago, and over the course of my years in college (graduating in a month), I have been both extremely underweight and unhappily overweight.

There were a ton of ups-and-downs, even within the same days. But I had the goal of being healthy and happy in mind and have continually picked myself back up and pressed forward.

Here are some progress pics so far.

First pic - Summer 2010 - (220lbs... self-loathing, uncomfortable, and unhappy inside)

Second pic - April 2011 (weight unknown/unimportant) ...been eating Primally 80%. After a long time (about 5 months) of not doing much consistent physical activity, I started running every day about a month ago and it's been a great outlet but too time-consuming so a week ago I started the LeanGains IF protocol and began weight lifting. It's working and incredibly enjoyable. I highly recommend checking out Martin's site, Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health.

From here, gonna keep cutting BF and gaining muscle simultaneously. Beach week in 3 weeks so I wanna be looking good
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cmw45; 04-15-2011, 09:11 PM.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brain tumour. That's a great result you've had. You're a very handsome guy. Inspiring.

Comment

How did this thread get no comments its first time around? Thanks for bumping it, gregjames.

Anyhow, cmw--you look fantastic. Hope you're doing well on the tumor front.

(P.S. I am so jealous that your "beach week" is in early May--I'm pretty convinced right now that we're not getting nice weather in the Midwest until July.)

Comment

Hey cute guy! (I can get away with this because I'm old, pudgy, and in a long-term relationship hehehehe
        Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
        Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
        CW: 146.8 lbs
        GW 140 lbs
        A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

You look great! Does Paleo help with the tumor? I have heard that sugar feeds cancer...

Comment

Working...
            X