No announcement yet.

I CAN WALK! 2 weeks and so much better!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I CAN WALK! 2 weeks and so much better!

Hi Everyone!

I've never posted here. So HI!

3 weeks ago my doctor told me I was going to be diabetic in a couple of months if I didn't do something. I have several auto-immune diseases (arthritis, severe psoriasis, lupus).

I also have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is a debilitating heart condition. I couldn't walk 200 yards without stopping for a break and having severe chest pains.
    On top of that I was 278 lbs (my heaviest), depressed, slow and barely moving.

I took action! I tossed everything out or donated it. EVERYTHING. I am strict 100% paleo, no cheating, etc.

Yesterday I walked 6 miles around UNC's campus WITH NO HEART PAIN. I didn't have to stop. I didn't have to take a break. I walked up HILLS! I kept a good pace! A team of cardiologist at UNC and Duke couldn't fix me but this diet is making huge improvements. I've also lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks!
    I hope one day I'll be able to go off the 4 times daily heart medication that is a burden in my life!

I've been so full of energy that I can't stop moving.

I am so excited. I can't wait to post a Before/After after I drop some of this bulk!

That's flippin' FANTASTIC! Will look forward to those pictures!

Comment

Amazing and soooo inspiring! Keep it up and keep us updated
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Great job! Keep it up!

Comment

That's amazing! Keep moving...

Comment

Welcome! That's great progress. Keep us updated!

Comment

Holy smokes! That's great! Keep it up. I can't wait to hear what your future brings

Comment

Three cheers for you!
                This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

That's amazing for just three weeks. The body truly is a miracle of self-healing if we just put the right stuff in.

Comment

Congrats!

Way to go, that's absolultely amazing! Keep up all the hard work, and you'll continue to reap the benefits What an inspiration!

Comment

So happy for you! Congrats on having an open mind to the possibilities that life now holds for you. I just wish more people (like many in my life) would just try - look what two short weeks can do! Keep it up and blow their socks off with your success!!!

Comment

This.

Is.

Freaking.

AWESOME!

Congratulations! This is so inspirational - totally made my day ! Wishing you even greater successes in the future.

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
                        ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
                        My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
                        Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

Mark, wow. That is great. Really really great. What an amazing transition already!

carl's cave

Comment

Aww shucks!

You all are very kind and inspiring with your words of encouragement!

So I thought I'd sum up things that have gotten better so far:
                            • Psoriasis (clearing from arms, gone from elbows, legs are next)
                            • Migrains - Formerly daily, now GONE!
                            • Cardiomyopathy - getting better all the time, have to remind myself to take my pills instead of my thumping heart doing it for me
                            • IBS - Gone
                            • Arthritis - Much better, no pain.
                            • Lupus rash on face - Gone
                            • Dry crusty mouth (zinc deficiency) - Gone
                            • Body Odor - Lovely, not putrid
                            • Blood Pressure - Normalizing to 110/70 on a 7 day average from 180/110 pre Paleo.
                            • Resting Heart Rate - 60 down from 90-110
                            • Bi-polar/Axiety/Depression - GONE, Shrink even reduced one med and took me off two more.

I think the FIRST place I started loosing weight was inside my abdominal cavity. I could actually feel my rib cage, which is already huge even when thin at 58", lowering and stretching down. Muscles and tendons are moving as the amount of FAT inside of me clustered around my internal organs gets less and less. I can breathe easier. I'm sure this has helped my heart by giving it room to function and not be crushed by fat. Dr. Oz has a great piece on the dangers of abdominal fat. I'm certain I was full of it!

My entire body is fixing itself little by little. Everyday is an improvement over the day before.

I'm trying to get my partner and family to go Paleo. He has horrible kidney problems, dandruff, acne, bad teeth and an oily body and is very lethargic and tired all the time. I'm sure Paleo can fix a lot of that. His parents have been on Weight Watchers for 2 years and only his dad has made progress.

I'm turning into a evangelist! Don't you just want to shake people and say WAKE UP!!! because I sure do!

I'm going to take some before pictures this weekend so I too have an amazing story one day. I realized I'm so camera shy that there are no pictures of me at my heaviest around to compare too when I am SKINNY!

I'm the Fat Boy on a Mission to Become Thin Boy and Cure Himself!!!!

Comment

You might like to read Neanderthin by Ray Audette, who like you found himself slammed with several autoimmune disorders in his early 30s, and found that going primal was all that worked. He was one of the first of the modern primal/paleo diet promoters.

NeanderThin Reconstructed Website
                              This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                              Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Working...
                              X