Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyst-possibly too much information but here goes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyst-possibly too much information but here goes...

So I recently had an ultrasound appointment and found out that my gigantic ovarian cyst has disappeared...The gyno said everything looked great and that I should keep doing whatever it is that I'm doing..she fully approves of primal and encouraged me to eat even more butter Other doctors have recommended surgery and said nothing about diet. Anyway, I'm super happy to have a doctor who understands the link betwee proper nutrition and health and even more happy that the cyst is gone ))

Originally posted by olivetree View Post
    So I recently had an ultrasound appointment and found out that my gigantic ovarian cyst has disappeared...The gyno said everything looked great and that I should keep doing whatever it is that I'm doing..she fully approves of primal and encouraged me to eat even more butter Other doctors have recommended surgery and said nothing about diet. Anyway, I'm super happy to have a doctor who understands the link betwee proper nutrition and health and even more happy that the cyst is gone ))
    brilliant!!! and from a personal point of view, this gives me hope. If you one gigantic, potentially "surgery" inducing one can go ..... maybe all the little ones I have (PCOS) will do the same!!

Comment

Other doctors have recommended surgery and said nothing about diet.
      Saddest part of Super Size Me was the obese diabetic man getting unnecessary gastric bypass surgery.

Comment

thanks Denise!!! I'm sure you'll get yours under control as well...maybe you'll get a nice surprise at your next ultrasound

Comment

Great news! BTW, there's no such thing as too much information around here.
          True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
          The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

I'm very happy for you, but not terribly surprised!

I've read lots of stories of women's hormones being balanced after going Primal--pain-free periods, regained fertility, PMS symptoms gone, etc.

Congrats!!!
            Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

olive, what is the time-frame for this? When was your last US and how long have you been primal? I wonder if I could have avoided fibroid surgery if I had known about gluten at the time.

Comment

Nice one!
                I had a cyst removed and I can tell you it was the most horrible thing I've ever experienced.

I don't think PB is a miracle cure for everything but getting your hormones straightened out has to help, right?

Comment

That's amazing, olivetree! I have PCOS and while I never had ovarian cysts, I had two small (painless, for the most part) subdermal cysts on my vulva that were apparently due to fluid build-up. The ob-gyn said the only way to get rid of them would be to drain them, but a little while into primal, they just went away!

Comment

i had this happen a few years back... i had some 'small ones' they snipped off but there was a big one they wanted to do surgery with and i came back in and it was gone!
                    Get on my Level
                    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

thanks everyone for the responses
                      Aktres, last year (summer) my doctor (not the gyno) recommended a low carbohydrate, low fat, dairy and gluten free diet. While it was pretty effective, I couldn't stick to it because low carb + low fat= no taste and I was not a happy camper. Then in the late fall I went primal high fat and still include cream and butter...The last ultrasound was in April of 2010 so it's been almost a year...I guess it must have started "shrinking" last summer when I dropped the gluten and sugar and finally disappeared when I went primal.
                      Imasin and Malpaz, I'm really happy for you ladies as well...we're lucky in that learned about primal before we had to go ahead and undergo needless surgery!
                      Northern Monkey Girl, primal has not only straightened out my hormones but as made me a much more emotional stable, positive person. So far primal has been a cure for virtually everything that was going wrong in my life

Comment

Remember: surgeons don't make money from non-surgical recommendations...
                        Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                        Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                        Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                        Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                        ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Originally posted by imasin View Post
                          That's amazing, olivetree! I have PCOS and while I never had ovarian cysts, I had two small (painless, for the most part) subdermal cysts on my vulva that were apparently due to fluid build-up. The ob-gyn said the only way to get rid of them would be to drain them, but a little while into primal, they just went away!
                          I had one of these. I'm a week into primal and I realized today that it's gone, or close to gone. I've had it for YEARS.

Comment

Interesting. I've read literature that says skin tags and uterine fibroid tumors are linked with insulin resistance. Of note, most of my skin tags have come off in the 2 1/2 months I've been doing PaNu (Dr. Kurt Harris's version of paleo/primal) and my periods came two weeks early the 2nd and 3rd mths; heavy like they were pre-BCP as a teenager; and the amount of clots that were dislodged makes me think my fibroids probably are falling off too! They were palable on PE, so it'll be interesting to see if my Doc feels them or not next visit. Vaginal US had confirmed her PE. The biggest change I've notice is my libido, after 20 yrs of lurking, not weight loss.

Comment

Working...
                            X