Does anyone here smoke cigarettes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paneristi View Post
    ...if you're still a smoker, do you want to quit in the near future?
    Nope.

I guess I'm weird. I smoke a cigarette a few times a week, other times I go months and don't smoke one, doesn't seem to addict me.

It goes good with a drink every now and then, quite tasty.

Comment

I quit by using an electronic cigarette. I bought my own nicotine base, vegetable glycerine, and propylene glycol to make my own e-juice(much cheaper than buying). I've tried everything else and this was by far the easiest and almost effortless stab I took at quitting. It's been years since I quit. Still have all my e-smoking stuff, not sure why. I think at one time I was going to use no nicotine juice as a crutch during trying times.

Comment

I highly suggest looking into the Allen Carr Book.
        I used to smoke around a pack a day. I bought the book because I thought it was a joke that the reviews were so good on amazon. I haven't smoked since August 6th. I know its not a long time, but its more the mindset. I really feel as though I have zero desire to smoke again and am confident I will not have another one ever again.

It's weird. It's not even really that much brainwashing and saying you will never smoke blah blah blah. it's more like just breaking down every little excuse you could have to want to or enjoy smoking and then leave you thinking -- why do I smoke?

Comment

Quit date-04/01/13
          Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
          ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

I quit in Feb 2004. My last cig is a whole story in itself but that's just to long to write it, and quite embarrassing ...

Comment

I am a smoker. I smoke about a pack per day Marlboro Red . I tried to quit several times. I tried different methods and Allen Carr’s book too. But nothing helped me to break the habit. Over the last year I even did not make attempts to quit.

Comment

I smoke. But my doc put me on prosac and I've gone from a pack or more a day to 3 or 4 packs a week and it's declining. Prosac helped me not want to smoke and drink as often. I've also been replacing my cigarettes with an E cig which helps immensely.

"They say you die twice- once when you stop breathing, and again, later on, when someone speaks your name for the last time."- Banksy

Comment

Chantix was my very good friend!
                  Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
                  ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

I was never a regular smoker, more a social smoker. The last time I had a cigarette (I think like a whole pack actually...) I was super drunk.

My grandmother smoked for 66 years and quit cold turkey. I don't know how she did it, but she ended up dying from lung cancer 10 years later. Maybe just a health realization
                    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

I quit dipping rather easily with strange method that I stumbled upon. I had tried in the past and it felt like I had had a thousand pound gorilla on my back. I was under huge stress rebuilding my business during the last few years during the recession and ended up with the shingles. My mother is very knowledgeable about nutrition and recommended that I take large doses of lysine (an amino acid) and that is was anti viral and should help get rid of the shingles. I was actually afraid of how hard it had been to quit dipping previously and decided I would take the step once again to wrestle the gorilla at the same time as I was concerned about my immune system and the shingles outbreak. I took a lysine tablet every time I thought of taking a dip (up to 10 a day) and did a coffee enema daily for 3 days to supposedly get the nicotine and other chemicals out of my body. Walked away from it like it was nothing. Couldn't believe it. The lysine also made my muscles wake up like I had worked out with weights. I have never read about this anywhere but it was amazingly effective for me. I am usually very skeptical and couldn't believe I was actually having a coffee enema! Do your research, I am a hack not a doctor but literally my withdrawals were all but gone the first day.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

I quit right before Lent, I was a pack a day (at least) smoker for almost 10 years and tried to quit at least 10 times using everything from the patch to chantix. After a hard trial and error process I finally kicked the habit using an e-cig. I started out with a relatively high nicotine level 18mg and slowly reduced it to 0, now I use my ecig whenever the physical addiction flares up, which is still pretty often. I swear the actual physical action of stepping outside, clearing your head, and having a smoke is 10x harder to break than the chemical addiction to nicotine.

Long story short, e-cigs are a fantastic alternative to tobacco and should be praised as a stop smoking aid instead of vilified along with tobacco.

Comment

Just past 2 years quit over the weekend!

Comment

Congrats Roland, how are you kicking the habit?

Comment

Working...
                            X