5 year old weight gain!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 year old weight gain!

My son has always been my little runt. It seems like he's been 38.2lbs for over a year. Before Christmas I weighed him--38.2. Since then, he's been about 80% primal, and I weighed him last night, and he's 43.6lbs! He does love his omelets in coconut oil Just thought I'd share. My baby's growing up...*tear*.
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

awwww....he'll be downing 36oz steaks before you know it
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Start building a savings account for food! That's what everyone keeps telling me... and I fear I'm going to need one with both ds and dd. ds is still nursing 7-9x/day + eating solids @ 10mths and dd has DH's metabolism - the kid can put away food and not gain a lb! I can't imagine what our food bill will be when they're teenagers (hopefully by then my whole family will be primal)
      The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
      What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
      SW 190lb
      Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
      GW ~135lbs
      5'3"
      Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

I was scared to open this thinking it would be about how to stop your 5 year old from gaining weight. Thank goodness I was wrong.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Awesome! My 4.5 year old is a tiny thing too, and she so wants to be in a booster seat. She only weighs about 34lbs right now, so she has a way to go.
          SW: 235
          CW:220
          Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
          Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
          Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
          Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
            I was scared to open this thinking it would be about how to stop your 5 year old from gaining weight. Thank goodness I was wrong.
            As a former "fat kid," I would never ask such a question. Of course, the answer for my parents would have been, "Stop letting her hang out at the business all day!" (They owned a bakery/farm market/catering business for years--can we say "Time to eat the donuts?")
            Results Pics:

Comment

wow. my son is 2.5 and weighs 38 lbs. i mean, i knew he was a big (tall, well muscled, thin/fit) kid, but i didn't realize that he is bigger than 5 yr olds. LOL

Comment

My downstairs neighbor's child is being raised as a strict vegetarian and she is already, at 3 and 1/2, having all of the attendant problems including behavioral and weight. She is quite the little pudgster. To top it off, she is never allowed to play in the snow which is topping 3 feet on the ground here in Boston. I would have dove out the window at that age if my parents tried to keep me inside. So sad.
                Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

My son is a beast... at 3 he's 40 pounds and can house beef with the best of them.

Comment

Wowza, you some of you guys have football player 2-3 year olds!

Shijin13~$$ is already an issue. I can't believe how much 2 kids can eat, and they're only 5 & 7 :/

IvyBlue~There are many parents around here that won't let their kids play in the snow either...wtf? My kids stay out until I drag them in--frozen toes and all! As for the vegetarian thing, the more I read about fats the more it saddens me to see veggie kids Their bodies need fat, not grains and tofu!

Speaking of fats, one of my son's favorite new treats: chewing his omega-3 and cod liver oil supplements. Blech. He loves them, though, so c'est la vie.
                    Results Pics:

Comment

Yay for healthy weight gain!

Mine both had a spurt when we cut out grains...no fillers = ate more of the good stuff. Makes so much sense, but surprised me in a good way.

We have two boys and they both weigh about 40#...one is 5.5 and one is almost 8. They're just built *so* differently, but both strong, strong, strong. The older one (much smaller for his age than his friends) can do any functional strength exercise he tries...he can monkey bar long distances, turn and come back, he did planks and pushups with us for fun last night (his fun, not mine ), etc Oh, and he did his planks one-legged! cheeky little man

They're close in height and get asked if they're fraternal twins all the time...to which the older brother *always* acts very annoyed and says, "I'm TWO and a HALF years older than him!"

I always get excited about little spurts in height or weight...it's so fun to watch them grow!

Comment

Wish I could get my 5yo to gain weight. She's losing weight. She's down to 25 from 29 back when I was pregnant. Yeah, we're going to the dr soon.

Robin's Roost
                        My Primal Journal

Comment

Both of my daughters have been skinny little things all of their life, even underweight by pediatric standards though we have always tried to feed them "healthy" foods. I've been primal for nearly two years of my three year weight loss/fitness journey but the girls have stayed on a traditional "healthy whole grain" diet for most of it. We recently went all gluten-free for the girls diet since we discovered that it was the cause of my 5-year-old's eczema issues and stomach problems. Since then they have been 75-80% primal and gaining weight quicker than they ever had before. My 3-year-old put on over a pound in a month, where it usually took her six months to gain anything at all. They have been on Omega 3 supplements for a while as well, but the increase in fat (coconut oil, bacon fat) has also made a big difference in their overall happiness and health as well.

Comment

I keep waiting for my son to get to 40 lbs....He was 37 lbs last I weighed him...4 1/2 He is not skinny, just short. My whole family is short, dh is 5'3".
                            MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Working...
                            X