Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Chump to Champ - My Primal Story (50+ lbs weight loss)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littleoleme View Post
    12 days in and still waiting for that good "awesome" feeling, can't wait for the feeling "awesomely crappy" to go away! Certainly not interested in giving up, just waiting.
    For me it took a couple of weeks. But I've heard from some that it can last a bit longer.
    Just hang in there!

/Steven
    Check Out My Blog: The Exercise Rebel
    Check Out My Primal Success Story on Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Pretty awesome! 50 pounds! I would not have guessed you lost that much by looking at the pictures, did you have Thunder Thighs?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
        Pretty awesome! 50 pounds! I would not have guessed you lost that much by looking at the pictures, did you have Thunder Thighs?
        Nope... no thunder thighs for me.

I really don't understand where I kept all that weight either... I'm sure a lot of it was subcutaneous fat (scary thought).

/Steven

Comment

Wow! Truly amazing. I am sure you are glad to be rid of all that fat, only to welcome an awesome body.
          You don't have to be sick to get well

Comment

nice work man... isn't it great to be ripped... love it.

Comment

Here's an updated picture from my transformation... I've been Primal for over a year now and going strong!

Comment

abfaporh[ji0njn

Sorry, there's too much drool on the keyboard. It doesn't seem to be working right.

Comment

Thanks.
                  By the way, read your cancer story. Good luck with the climb!

/Steven

Comment

hard to argue with those results! id be happy if I could get to your "before" pics lol
                    Primal Chaos
                    37yo 6'5"
                    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                    current 338lbs 49" waist
                    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Hi Mike,

You can get there! Just trust in the process and it will happen.

When I took the "before" picture I had started the process of weightloss (but not gone Primal yet) and had lost about 10 lbs. So overall I lost over 60 lbs.... I've gained a few pounds back though in muscle.

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                        Thanks.
                        By the way, read your cancer story. Good luck with the climb!

/Steven
                        Thanks. Anytime you want to head south for a hike, I'll meet you in Riverside county. Palomar from the east side is one of my favorite training hikes.

Comment

Ooh, hot damn, baby!

Comment

Your before picture looks like a slightly better padded version of my husband. Same physique, build and height. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in a few months. You look fabulous. Congratulations on what you've accomplished.

Comment

Stevo- A quick question, bro... with MA training, does your cardio lack at all? I'm about to start boxing again, and was curious if it has an adverse effect? Thanks, dude!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhyno View Post
                                Stevo- A quick question, bro... with MA training, does your cardio lack at all? I'm about to start boxing again, and was curious if it has an adverse effect? Thanks, dude!!
                                Not really. Since my training is mostly centered around BJJ and Kickboxing I get plenty of MA specific conditioning there.

I did start running a bit more some weeks back. But that was not specifically for building cardio for MA, rather it's an experiment in barefoot / minimalist running and trying to build myself up to a decent 10k pace since I'm planning on going to a Muay Thai camp in Thailand in the next year (which means a 5 - 10 k run every morning).

Honestly I had not gone for a run in years and was able to bust out a nice 3 mile jog without too many problems within the first week back (had to adjust a bit to running barefoot).

/Steven

Comment

Working...
                                X