No announcement yet.

Those weird little bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am finding that all of my senses are improving, especially my sense of smell.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

So happy about this one....my ten year old out of the blue said "Since you've not eaten sugar and stuff, you seem calmer and not as cranky".
      Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
      Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Well for me I had the early signs of both diabetes and Crohn's disease... both of which are now completely gone. Shocked the shit out of my doctor... who then told me it was unhealthy to eat the way I was eating which lead me to go from over 290 lbs to now 219 lbs... REALLY?
        March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
        Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Holy monkeys, I just realized how many of these I actually have.
          Migraines? Gone. They only come back if I OD on sugar.
          Popping ankles (painless, but you could hear every step I took)? Gone.
          Exercise induced asthma? Gone.
          Bursitis in wrists (bad enough to have me a thumb spica brace some days)? Gone, only to reappear after grains reappear.
          Scars going away? check.
          tooth sensitivity? Gone.
          Funky white gunk on togue? gone.
          Healthier hair and fingernails? Didn't know it was possible, but they are.
          foot soles that could tear panthose? gone. (Found that one out this morning.)
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
            So happy about this one....my ten year old out of the blue said "Since you've not eaten sugar and stuff, you seem calmer and not as cranky".
            LOL. Kids are so great at zeroing in on what's important!
            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Styrofoam Jones go to the dr you should not have these issues at 18, you prob. have a infection.....

Comment

1) I actually can tan now. Granted it's nothing spectacularly dark, but this is a guy who was a pale, freckled semi-redhead as a child and burned/peeled like it was his job!

2) I just noticed this one today. I can actually lie in the grass, or for that matter just be in contact with grass, for a significant period of time and NOT end up itchy all over where I was touching grass. Must have been a skin allergy to grass pollen, but I've noticed it's gone away.
                Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

- My quality of sleep is great. I used to require 8-10 hours, but I've gotten 6-7 hours the last four nights and I have been energetic each day regardless.
                  - My knees used to sound like Rice Krispies after a workout. I've been doing CrossFit for a couple weeks and not a crackle to be heard.

Comment

My kitchen is getting majorly decluttered!! Since I am no longer storing a ton of foods with long shelf lives, I am able to put some of the little used appliances in the closet. My island no longer has the mixer sitting on it -just a pretty bowl of fresh fruit! My fridge now only has a pretty bread basket on top (mostly empty) instead of basket hidden by 6 boxes of cereal currently in use! I was able to clear out an entire cabinet to give to my husband for his baking supplies that sat in a big plastic bin in the middle of my kitchen (it's been the object of many a fight between wife and packrat). I can now fit the bottle waters and juices that used to sit on counter in the cabinets!
                    My journal
                    7/5/11 -Size 14;
                    1/10/12 -Size 4

Comment

Since I am no longer storing a ton of foods with long shelf lives...
                      Keep some stuff with long shelf life around in case of storm, terrorist attack, meteor strike, etc., anything that could put the grocery stores out of business for a while.
                      Last edited by Sam Cree; 10-27-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

- That awesome shirt someone bought you as a gift, but was too small to fit your fatter self, now fits perfectly. Unfortunately it will soon be too baggy

- Digging through your closet looking for your old clothes from when you were skinny, both pisses you off (because you can't find the damn things) and makes you ecstatic.

- Getting on a rollercoaster and realizing that your seat restraint is ratcheted down as low as it will go.

- Sniffles going away the day after you get them.

- Wondering whether you should take a vitamin C supplement, then going on FitDay and seeing that you already consumed 600% of your DRV thanks to your salad at lunch.
                        Last edited by shiggles; 10-27-2010, 09:59 AM.
                        A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Comment

This is so cool!

Three weeks Primal. 35yo.

Already:

- No migraines (was having 3-4 per week)

- Chronically agonizing neck and shoulder muscles no longer painful.

- Ringing in ears greatly reduced.

- Cankles and swollen feet GONE!

- Zero gas.

- Achy knuckles gone.

- Insomnia gone.

- Tooth/jaw pain gone.

- Someone below mentioned how clean their teeth feel - no furriness. Me too! Cool.

Grokkin on!
                          Last edited by jazmin; 10-28-2010, 12:10 AM.
                          ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

those annoying little bumps all over my legs are gone, i'm continuing to get gradually more lean, and i have a little more energy. that's really it so far, but i didn't really make a drastic change.
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention the short-duration cold. I'm used to fighting a cold for 3-5 days, and it was an easy 24 hour deal last week! I had a drippy nose for a few more days, but I didn't feel sick at all. Yay!

Comment

I spend a lot less money buying toilet paper...LOL!

twoidhd

Comment

Working...
                                X