Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those weird little bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Debbie,
    Show your father THIS: Preventing or Reversing Diabetes in Six Simple Steps
    http://www.mercola.com/article/diabetes/index.htm

    Best of health to all,
    Grizz

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
      Michael Moore is a hack. I don't see him doing supporting an unfashionable movement such as paleo. He likes to go with whatever outrage is fashionable at the moment and will appeal to a wide fanbase. There is nothing risky or groundbreaking about anything he does.
      Michael Moore is more of a political hack than just a hack. Any "whistle blowing" that he does is specifically selected to further a particular political agenda.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Styrofoam Jones View Post
        I have the wonky prostate thing going on too, Grizz. I've noticed a definite decrease in how often I have to get up to piss in the middle of the night (sometimes I can make it through the whole night, something that was absolutely impossible before) after only about a month on PB, but I'm still dealing with those annoying, incomplete, stop and go urinations as well as occasional aches and pains "below the equator".

        Random question. I'm 18, is it weird to have prostate issues this young? I've been dealing with this for a year or so now. I know it's stupid to put off a doctor visit so long for something like this, but god I hate doctors (and the entire medical system, at that). Here's hoping PB can iron this out!
        Jones, as you already suspect, yes it is unusual for you to have these symptoms at your age. Please consider sharing them with a urologist, something simple to fix when caught early can be very problematic later on. Make an appointment today.

        Comment


        • #64
          What a great thread idea. It's really inspiring reading people's "side benefits." I never had a bunch of stuff wrong with me that I thought was "normal for me," so it's great motivation to see other people's unexpected benefits. I do fart less though; I didn't even notice until I had beans last weekend and started up again. Also, I don't get acne anymore, except minor blips once in a while.

          Comment


          • #65
            Thank you, Grizz. You know, I used to get daily mailings from Mercola.com but he sounded like Chicken Little to me so I had my email address removed. *eye roll*

            I will send that to him. As a matter of fact, I'll send it to his wife, too. She's a great cook and a diabetic ... she hates chicken, fish makes her ill, but Dad is afraid to eat beef more than once a week. I can't believe how dense I've been!

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Debbie View Post
              Thank you, Grizz. You know, I used to get daily mailings from Mercola.com but he sounded like Chicken Little to me so I had my email address removed. *eye roll*

              I will send that to him. As a matter of fact, I'll send it to his wife, too. She's a great cook and a diabetic ... she hates chicken, fish makes her ill, but Dad is afraid to eat beef more than once a week. I can't believe how dense I've been!
              Debbie,

              We just tried cooking fish "The Old Fashioned Way," in a double boiler, as suggested by Jack LaLane, the old fitness hero from the 1960s. Cooked in its own juices with NO oil to spoil the taste. YUMMY ! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Jack was WAY ahead of his time. Do a YouTube search on Jack LaLane to see all of his old 1960s TV Shows. Really good stuff.

              She might like fish cooked in a double boiler!

              Best to you,
              Grizz

              Comment


              • #67
                Thank you, Grizz. I love fish, but I love to try new things ... er, uh, old things that are new to me? I will pass the word. =)

                Comment


                • #68
                  My totally white/grey hair is going back to Black at the back of my head.....lol........

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Styrofoam Jones: Prostate problems at 18 is highly unusual. Please go see a urologist. Take care of your junk, hun.
                    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I've noticed that my gums aren't bleeding any more. There always used to be a little tinge of blood when I spat out after brushing my teeth, but no more!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Here's a non health benefit: I've discovered the joy of eating whole fat yogurt. I can't believe how good it tastes. Just add some red grapes, strawberries or pineapple and it's world's beyond the old low fat stuff with sugared fruit that everyone else eats. I'm amazed and thrilled. I now wonder how whole milk will taste in a smoothie.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by JRNZ View Post
                          I've noticed that my gums aren't bleeding any more. There always used to be a little tinge of blood when I spat out after brushing my teeth, but no more!
                          Me, too! (cometothinkofit)

                          Also, this is weird, but I think my tongue's shrunk. Used to wake up in the morning to find I'd bitten it - not any more.

                          Originally posted by Sam Cree View Post
                          Here's a non health benefit: I've discovered the joy of eating whole fat yogurt. I can't believe how good it tastes. Just add some red grapes, strawberries or pineapple and it's world's beyond the old low fat stuff with sugared fruit that everyone else eats. I'm amazed and thrilled. I now wonder how whole milk will taste in a smoothie.
                          Congratulations! I've been doing something similar with butter, especially on vegetables. Wow.
                          I can seriously recommend making your own yoghourt from full-cream Jersey milk, by the way .

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by schwingding View Post
                            Jones, as you already suspect, yes it is unusual for you to have these symptoms at your age. Please consider sharing them with a urologist, something simple to fix when caught early can be very problematic later on. Make an appointment today.
                            Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                            Styrofoam Jones: Prostate problems at 18 is highly unusual. Please go see a urologist. Take care of your junk, hun.
                            Damn, I thought so. Wonder what's going on here...

                            Thanks for the replies, I'll be sure to get checked out soon.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Redflame View Post
                              I just completed my 2nd month, and it just dawned on me that I no longer have pain from Plantar Faciatis. I used to wake up and limp for 15 minutes until the tendons stretched out. Same thing with getting up after watching a movie, pain and limp for several minutes. That is ALL gone!

                              I do still have some wrist pain but that does seem to be going away too.

                              My hands still look grannytized though
                              I just started going primal about a week ago, but I suffer from the same issue......I hope I see those results soon.....thanks!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                The last couple of mornings, I've gone out and cycled up the hill and breathed in great gulps of icy cold air... and my lungs haven't seized up. I've actually been capable of breathing deeply all the way up. (Used not to be able to walk anywhere in this temperature without going down to half capacity.) Nice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X