No announcement yet.

Those weird little bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My overall cognitive functions and mood have increased and giving blood is now easier!

Comment

• Been in glasses since age 8 with vision that has steadily worsened. Been primal for 3 years and, at every eye exam since, my vision has improved.

Comment

• Primal for about 6 months and I can report

High Uric acid levels- normal
        High glucose levels- normal
        Cholesterol - HDL is up, LDL is down.
        Rough chapped skin - gone
        No more farting.
        Back pain gone
        Shoulder/neck pain gone.
        Sleep like log now.
        When I wake up I get up, no more grogginess in the morning.
        Feet don't hurt when I get up anymore.
        Don't feel so cold in winter.
        No more stomach cramps
        No more constipation

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Primal for about 6 months and I can report

High Uric acid levels- normal
          High glucose levels- normal
          Cholesterol - HDL is up, LDL is down.
          Rough chapped skin - gone
          No more farting.
          Back pain gone
          Shoulder/neck pain gone.
          Sleep like log now.
          When I wake up I get up, no more grogginess in the morning.
          Feet don't hurt when I get up anymore.
          Don't feel so cold in winter.
          No more stomach cramps
          No more constipation

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by wrice05 View Post
            I'm one month primal and among the other benefits--super easy diet soda detox! I know many primal folks have really been through hell trying to quit diet soda. The times I've tried to do it before, I've been right there with them--headaches, irritability, raging appetite, generally feeling like a crackhead on hour thirty-seven in the county jail's drunk tank.

But this time, I didn't even really mean to quit or try that hard to quit, it just happened. And it was so easy! One day I realized I'd only had two diet sodas--and bear in mind I am legendary for mainlining it. I get Christmas and birthday gifts of 24-packs. I easily was drinking six or seven cans per day.

So like I said, one day I realized I'd only had 2. The next day I tried drinking only one. I'm drinking 1-2 cups of black tea per day and I'm going strong a week later, no headaches, no fatigue, no crazy appetite. I'm firmly convinced that my body is so happy from the good, fatty nutrition I'm getting that it has had no problem saying goodbye to my former drug of choice. Praise Mark and all the Primal Archangels! May all Groks be blessed by an easy farewell to diet soda!
            I'm a month in as well. I, too, was doing at least 6 cans per day. I've had only part of 1 since converting to Paleo. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I can't lie, I still get that random craving for one every few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I've read a lot of the ones posted here and didn't see this one, maybe it isn't that common. I get way less grey hair now. Before primal I was at the "OMG they are really coming in" and now I really have to look to see any.

Comment

• Loved reading this thread. Among many improvements, the KP on the back of my arms since teenage years is gone, also the dark pink spots around every hair folicle on my thighs. My upper lip skin no longer peels off in a sheet unless I don't eat fatty fish for awhile. Latest odd urge is to stand/walk on tiptoes at every opportunity.
                Late 50s, post-menopausal, low carb with some dairy, following the 5 Leptin Rules, taking ThyroGold, eating lots o' fiber and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

• My favorite thread. So motivational. Thanks for sharing everyone

Comment

• ^ I love this thread too, I sat and read all 58 pages!

Comment

• Yay, I made it through 58 pages!

I've only been strictly primal for one month. So far, I've got more energy, lost 2 inches from my belly, and lost about 6 pounds. I feel clear-headed, capable, and calm, for the first time in years. My skin seems clearer, and It seems like my dandruff has lessened, but I'm not certain, and I'll wait for more evidence before I'll say with certainty that primal is the cause.I was sorely tempted early on, but it has become a way of life, and I don't think I'll go back to SAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal-V View Post
                        I just realised that I have an unexpected bonus too!

It seems that everywhere you go you hear about people who have cancer, 1 in 3 people in the UK will have cancer, expected to rise to 1 in 2. I always believed that I would probably be one of these people who got cancer (my inner pessimist) and then I worried that believing this would make it come true (I do kind of believe that the more you focus on things the more likely they are to happen - to an extent anyway).

Now I believe that I will have a long, happy and healthy life and this makes me think that spending energy focussing on this is a virtuous circle making it more likely to happen!

Yay!!
                        Me too with that! It's helping me have such a positive attitude to my health. Don't even care that I've lost zero weight, it's only because I'm having sweet potatoes, fruit and plenty of healthy fats. After the years of abuse my body has had I just want to give it whatever it needs to heal and not worry about cutting calories or carbs. My whole family have had a nasty virus, not me. My hair and skin are soft and my nails are so strong now! I can only assume that means the rest of my body is improving on the inside. Been primal for 3 months now, dairy free for a month and a half, my skins not clear
                        yet but much better than it was. Keep the success stories coming, finding this thread so motivating!

Comment

• Those weird little bonuses

I did a month of PB before Christmas. Felt fantastic, lost some weight (not that I was weighing), plenty of energy, change in skin and nails.
                          Attitude changed and I slept like a log...I suffer from periodic insomnia and generally sleep fitfully so this was a major change
                          The main one for me was the loss of chronic heartburn. I had it quite bad and it went within a few days.

I lost the plot at Christmas and got heavily back onto alcohol and wheat and the heart burn came back, with bloating and constant burping.
                          So I started back on PB yesterday, and the heartburn disappeared again. Now just have to stick to it

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Just noticed that some warts I'd had for many years are now completely gone! Didn't expect that. Other things, besides the usual weight loss and great bio-markers - shoulder arthritis has disappeared and seasonal allergies have greatly diminished
                            Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• 18 day re-entered and the acid reflux has calmed down. If I consume alcohol it rears its' ugly head though. Consequences. Have lost weight just do not know how much. I have done this before = about 5 years back. Need to get back in the saddle and pull out all those smaller clothes I love.
                              Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                              CW: 2017: 150
                              GW: 130 a dream, I know
                              Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• - no more weird "wake-up" foot pain
                                - no more weird "wake-up" whole back pain
                                - no more having to exercise all the time to keep weight down
                                - no more having to restrain my apetite at all, cos no matter how much I eat, I can't gain a pound.
                                - my shoulders never got misplaced again and pullups are making them look sweeeeeeeeet

PS.: I still get all the weird pains whenever I cheat and have beans and rice for dinner. Your really can't cheat on those!
                                I also can't get rid of the granny hands... maybe I should really start using hidrating lotion... hate the damned thing, LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X