No announcement yet.

Those weird little bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really weird one for me, but one I'm very grateful for. I have a keloid scar and it sits right where my bra strap sits, or my handbag. It has always, for as long as I can remember, itched and burned and stung like crazy. A fortnight or so ago, I realised I haven't felt it do anything like that. It doesn't even do it when I touch it. Yay!

Comment

• Great thread. I enjoy the feeling of wellness that I have after eating a meal. Maybe another description would be peacefulness, with a good buzz thrown on top. It's better than how I used to feel after eating: like taking a nap. It's as if I can actually feel my body being nourished by the food its processing.

Plus all the other benefits I've enjoyed in the past year since losing 60 pounds and going (mostly) primal: lower blood pressure, far less chronic pain, better skin, better sleep, no more congestion.

And the vivid dreams. Glad to see other people are having that. One theory I have is that the brain is healing from chronic inflammation and the vivid dreams are a side effect?!

Comment

• This probably isn't a weird bonus, I bet it's actually quite common, but I love no longer looking 5 months pregnant 2 hours after a meal from all the bloating caused by grains!

Comment

• A fatty tumor of mine is shrinking. took two years for it to take the hint that i want it gone but it is finally smaller than when i first noticed it
          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• I have a small dark blue cluster of veins on the side of my thigh - been there since I was a teenager. It's fading away. I first noticed it last week.

I too have the anti-granny hands going on! The skin is tightening and the veins are much less noticable than they were just a week ago.

I had a weird rash on the side of one finger that only went away if I got special cream from the dermatologist and applied diligently for a month, wearing a bandaid over the rash 24/7. The rash has come back repeatedly over the past 10 years. Now it's drying up and getting smaller and is almost gone.
            be the hair that knots with my hair
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• I'd mentioned previously my hair was growing faster, but also it's a lot smoother and shinier as well. I've always had naturally curly hair that was a little on the course side and tended to tangle easily. Now it's very smooth and doesn't tangle nearly as much.
              High Weight: 225
              Weight at start of Primal: 189
              Current Weight: 174
              Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by shadoemckee View Post
                Oh, I can't wait for this! I've always wondered what causes this.
                I have heard (concerning wine) that many people are allergic to the sulfites added to it. If you look on the back of the label to see if it says "sulfites added" than there is more likelihood of a stuffy nose. Also I've heard about pesticides on the grapes causing such reactions. I also get stuffy noses with red wine sometimes. I noticed it's less prominent with organic wines. I haven't been drinking as much since I went primal so I haven't thought about the stuffy nose thing, but I think maybe I'm not having stuffed up sinuses either. I'm curious now!

Comment

• . . . No more being a slave to hunger every 1-2 hours. I can even go 24 without eating and it's no big deal. Mood is much better. Occassional depression-gone! Wake up feeling refreshed instead of in an insulin-induced hangover. Hair and skin look better then ever. On and on. Isn't it awesome?!

Comment

• Going the low-carb, primal route took me completely off Pepcid.

From my experience, excess acid is entirely traceable to breads and other similar starches. Regular sugars are also related, but I can eat a limited amount of sugar in yogurt and fruit without ill effect.

If I do something stupid like eating pizza at a friend's house, the acid reflux monster comes right back.

Comment

• Me either and I used to be a stinker!

Comment

• Any tme I start working out now, my muscles grow by leaps and bounds instead of barely at all. I used to make a regular habit of chin-ups and push-ups, but there was not too much progress back then. I was obese, bloated and malnourished, etc. Now that I'm starting from relatively lean (18% body fat +/-) with proper nutrtion, it's easier progress. And I can take a week or two off and not lose much strength, if any at all.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• I've only been eating Paleo for 5 days, But I went cold turkey, The only bad stuff I've ate has been a Chocolate bar and a bit of Cake today for my step sisters birthday. Otherwise I've only ate Veg,Chicken,Bacon,Eggs,Beef and Banana's for the whole time and I've only Drank Water and Sugerless Tea.

I used to be a muncher, I was always hungry no matter what I ate or how much I ate, Because if I went so many hours without food my blood sugers dropped rapidly and I'd pass out, However since I started this Diet and It's only been 5 days I've barely been hungry at all, I've not had that fainting problem once, On my second day my last meal was at 5:40 pm. I didn't eat till after the gym at 12.30 pm the next day. That was -unheard- of before.

Comment

• The key benefit for me is the great improvement I experience in my mood, energy levels and sleeping. Nevertheless, I've noticed a lot of other things and, to my delight, I keep discovering new ones.

* My teeth feel clean for a lot longer (whereas previously I'd get the "gritty" feel even if I brushed twice a day), gums don't bleed when I brush, and no cavities. I looked into it and apparently the paleo style of eating is quite anticariogenic.

* My hair has gotten a lot thicker since I stopped with the fat avoiding nonsense.

* Alleviated digestion/stomach/skin issues.

* I seldom get a cold anymore (even though I used to get 4-8 bad ones each year) and have less infections of all kinds.

Comment

• Certain kinds of food now taste so gross (either too bland or way too sweet) that I don't even want to eat them anymore, and I'm not even a month in.

Comment

• Oh yeah! I know exactly what you mean about certain foods tasting gross. I am new to this site but not so new to primal eating. I am to the point that the mere thought of eating certain foods is just gross. On the rare occasion that I have a bite of something that is not Primal and particularly if it is packaged it is a big disappointment and often, if I can, I spit it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X