No announcement yet.

Those weird little bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am about 2 months primal here, and here are some things that I've noticed:

No more fighting hives almost every day unless I eat something that I shouldn't be eating, like the dark chocolate I ate on Sunday that said "may contain gluten." Who puts gluten in chocolate? I didn't notice the gluten part on the label until after I broke out in hives.

A lot of new hair growth! I can not believe the amount I have to be careful how I part my hair, or else there are hundreds of little hairs sticking up all over the place.

Primal food just tastes better. I dream about creamy organic eggs and grass fed beef.

I'm happier then I have been in a long time, but that could be due to my broken toe finally being healed and I can actually start working out again after 2 months of not being able to.

Comment

• I just finished reading all 47 frickin pages of this thread. I have been eating/living primal on and off at about 75% for about 4 months. I have never truely commmitted to it 100% until now. I am looking forward to experiencing some of the positive "side effects" I read.
      All time high weight 262 lbs
      Primal since Spring 2012
      Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
      Current Weight: 220lbs ish
      Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
      All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• I just noticed the other day that I haven't had an allergy attack yet this spring...usually by now, the juniper pollen has me scratching my eyes out and screaming for my Claritin. Haven't had a single symptom yet! Time will tell if this is just a fluke or not, but it would sure be nice to not have to spend the money on allergy drugs!
        Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

• My Dimples of Venus are back. Woo hoooo!

Comment

• I saw the dimples in my back for the first time this morning and thought, "Woah, I have them, too!? Cute!"

Things I've noticed after 5 weeks primal:
            -9 lbs. lost (from 170 to 161)
            -cold doesn't bother me as much
            -keratosis pilaras is about 2/3 better
            -waist is small and killer hour glass figure has emerged
            -my face looks young again (I'm 30)
            -my yellowish toenails are turning pink (healthy)
            -i can really taste my food, now
            -checkup at dentist. no plaque could be found/no cavities (and this was after not going to the dentist in 5 years!)
            -energy is through the roof
            -sex drive is up
            -i'm stronger every time i work out
            -no more ringing ears
            -so excited to go shopping for food and clothes, now!
            -i feel really sad for the people i see looking so sick with extra weight, pale skin, circles under eyes, etc. it especially bothers me when i see children looking this way. i want to tell them and their parents about MDA and make them better!

My husband's progress:
            -lost a few lbs.
            -getting really strong and gaining muscles he's never had
            -more energy
            -sex drive is out of control (i thought it was high before)!
            -more optimistic about all aspects of life

My 2-1/2 year old's progress:
            -GAINED 1-1/2 lbs.
            -GREW 1"

Our family is hooked! Thank you, Mark!!! And thank you to all the members of this forum for so much support and guidance!
            I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
            CW:166.4 lbs.
            GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

• I lost 7-8 KG the last months.
              Had some "Fall oft the Waggons" especially during holiday in Christmas.

But now i'm back !

I've never been that fat but I still feel not comfortable in my body very offen.

Things I discovered:

-feeling better
              -no yawning all the day !
              -no gas in the belly
              -no cravings. The last two days I did not eat much.
              I think my body has to get used to all the fat
              - daadd ellbows !!! This is awesome.

Great thread btw. So motivating !

No i will go To work. Lets See how I feel with very low carb ( had some in my first try).

Have a nice week and let that elbows become even smoother

Comment

• I've only been strictly primal for 5 days and I can already feel a huge difference in my mood. I feel... level. And happier. In the past I have had pretty intense mood swings. As of today (most notably) and yesterday... I've felt more balanced and notice that circumstances that might have triggered me before have not. My stomach aches have gone away, as well. I've been gluten free (have celiac) for many years, but I had never committed to cutting carbs completely because I didn't know it would be so crucial to my wellbeing.
                I'm very pleased so far, and I'm looking forward to more positive shifts.

Actually... I also just noticed that I'm not breaking out at all. I don't break out horribly but usually have at least a few little spots. I don't have any. Nice!
                Last edited by wannispearl; 01-07-2013, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• I'm 6 weeks primal now. So far I've noticed many of the same things you all have:

Less gas
                  My hair grows faster
                  My belly fat is disappearing
                  I rarely feel tired after eating now
                  I need less food when I'm being active
                  I dream constantly (although I don't remember them well)
                  My sense of smell is improved
                  The dark circles under my eyes seem to be less dark
                  High Weight: 225
                  Weight at start of Primal: 189
                  Current Weight: 174
                  Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• I have had many improvements, but improvement in my sense of smell was completely unexpected. I used to think that people who complained of others' perfumes, etc, were prima donnas. Now I can smell fabric softener on the treadmiller next to me at the gym and sometimes it is so overpowering that I have to stop and switch to a different treadmill!
                    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Comment

• Nothing to add but this...those back dimples are the sexiest thing on a woman, and I don't know why.

Comment

• 1 year primal. 1 year sans migraines.

Comment

• Awesome thread.

I actually did not have any health issues before going primal. I've not been sick for the past 10 years at least, so I did not expect any "extra's" besides converting a few % of fat into lean mass and stabilising my energy levels.
                          However, I've noticed some positive side effects:
                          - Decreased cold sores outbreaks. I used to have an outbreak about once a month. Since going primal (8 months ago) I only had one
                          - No more hunger, ever! I used to get real cranky if I had diner 30 minutes later than expected. To the joy of my friends and family that is gone now.
                          - Less cold hands/feet.
                          - No more runny noses. Used to have to clear my nose every day just to breath through it. Haven't blown my nose since Primal.
                          - Brainfog gone. I had read about it on the forums before I started, but never knew what it meant until it went away.
                          - Flatulence gone. They say that the everage man farts about 20 times a day, I was well over that before going primal. I barely fart anymore nowadays. My brother feels sees this as the biggest benefit. So, I'll mention it on his behalf. Still undecided if I consider it a positive though. Good times.... :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by jazmin View Post
                            I can drink red wine without stuffed-up sinuses and headache for the first time in several years ... and I'm only 3 weeks Primal!
                            Oh, I can't wait for this! I've always wondered what causes this.

Comment

• Thanks everyone for posting on this thread! I'm new, and I would be THRILLED if a new way of eating could fix my eczema (had it on and off since middle school... the only thing that works is heavy-duty steroid cream, but then only temporarily), allergies, and adult acne. THRILLED. IN CAPS. I am so encouraged by all the people saying they were seeing benefits like that. That would be magical.

Comment

• +1!!!

Originally posted by vtphoenix View Post
                                Nothing to add but this...those back dimples are the sexiest thing on a woman, and I don't know why.

Comment

Working...
                                X