No announcement yet.

Those weird little bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, and much, MUCH clearer thinking ! None of those mid afternoon slumps or grogginess that at times felt almost like being drunk.
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

• In only a week on the PB, I've gone from 4-5 antacids a day to NONE!
      Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
      Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
      CW: 146.8 lbs
      GW 140 lbs
      A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

• I've gotten bigger
        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
        Current Weight: 235 pounds
        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• I used to get urinary tract infections so frequently that my PCP finally said, "Girl, what is going on with you?"

Since I've been Primal, I've only had one.
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• I have been so bad about flossing lately. I don't know what my problem is. I had my regular 6-month cleaning appt. coming up, and I was feeling like I needed to be on the lam from my dental hygienist. Much to my surprise, she commented on how good my gums were looking and how little plaque I had. That has GOT to be diet and all the CO (which is very cleansing and healing to the gums).

Comment

• Originally posted by aktres View Post
              I'm not sure, just noticed it was gone recently. I've been doing PB since August, right now Whole30 for January. I haven't lost a lot of weight, less than 10 lbs since August. I'd like to lose maybe five more. But my body is changing so much. I can see my HS body coming back, my pants are falling off. The fat is dissolving. And to be honest, I stopped working out once the weather changed.
              hi aktres - can i ask, are you no dairy also? i am currently battling cellulite (using some of the methods from celluliteinvestigation.com), and although i have done atkins before, i just started PB.

if PB truly diminishes cellulite, you should add your two cents to her 'investigation'!!!

erica

Comment

• Hi Erica - I go back and forth on the dairy. I keep it to a minimum these days, but at the time I posted that I was eating it more often.

Comment

• @akchick: I have seen a significant reduction in my cellulite since being dairy-free. (Although I am also dry-brushing too and making sure I drink a lot of water.)

Comment

• Not sure if this is an actual bonus but I can feel my body's rhythms more acutely (two weeks today PB). I feel my heart beating harder, not sure what to make of that. Not faster, just stronger I think. And I second the following:
                    - ringing in ears greatly diminished (just realized this tonight after gleefully reading this thread)
                    - skin is smoother, with a nicer tone, and a deeper tanness than I've never had before (live in AZ)
                    - food tastes have completely changed. I don't want to eat it unless I made it myself, and I don't seem to like certain restaurant foods.
                    - sleep is more restful and I wake up easier and require less time to come-to.
                    - teeth do feel cleaner around the clock

Love this thread! Let's keep it going!

Comment

• i can't wear my ring anymore because my fingers have lost weight lolol
                      Hey why not visit my blog at http://www.weightlossdonkey.com

'Read How I Lost 14 Pounds In 14 Days!'

Comment

• I discovered a new one recently: my sleep schedule finally fell into place. I never thought I'd say this, but I ALWAYS beat my alarm. I was one of those people that needed the loudest, most irritating alarm possible, or I'd sleep through it. Now, my body's decided when I need to crash out and knows when I need to be up. It's a first. I didn't even have that in HS.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I have dimples now. Weird.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                            I have dimples now. Weird.
                            Where?

Comment

• Originally posted by LJH View Post
                              Where?
                              Both sets of cheeks.
                              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X