Those weird little bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primaltreehgr View Post
    i noticed the same thing! i rarely wear make up but now my skin is almost radiant!
    +1
    My Journal

Comment

• I was starting to develop a huge freckle on my forehead. A sun spot/age spot, something or other. I've been putting sunscreen on it religiously under my makeup for over 2 years. Taking extra zinc and b-vitamins thinking it might be a vitamin deficiency after googling it. Since going Primal, I haven't put sunscreen on it, and it's faded to almost nothing!!
      Keep it Simple Silly...Go Caveman

My Blog

Comment

• Just noticed that my hair has hardly any split ends. A year ago there were hardly any ends that weren't split, or even fraying up half their length. Wow.

Comment

• What a great thread - has me going 'oh, yeah, me too!' about
          • skin on my elbows is smooth
          • skin on my feet is less sandpapery
          • skin on my upper arms feels smoother
          • hair is thicker and easy to style
          • no more shooting pains in my feet

It's all good!
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by CowQ View Post
            My dreams have been more vivid, and I've started having "wet dreams" very frequently - which is annoying. Probably just a sign of increased testosterone, maybe?
            Maybe your body is telling you that you need to get laid more.
            A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

• This sounds ridiculous but my balance is better. I'm not sure if it's the better sleep or a lot of different things now working better together, but now instead of hopping around or sitting to get pants, socks, whatever on, I can simply stand still on one leg as needed to get dressed.

A small thing but it makes me happy
              "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
              "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
              If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

• No lower GI problems. Hair, nails, stronger and healthier. I noticed my partner's skin has improved; fair skinned people often get crepey skin as we get over sixty; since using coconut oil his skin is looking much better.
                This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Originally posted by Digby View Post
                  No lower GI problems. Hair, nails, stronger and healthier. I noticed my partner's skin has improved; fair skinned people often get crepey skin as we get over sixty; since using coconut oil his skin is looking much better.
                  Cool!

Is that 'using coconut oil' as in cooking with it or topically? (or both?)

Comment

• Hilary: cooking with nut oils and dripping, plus coconut milk in his morning protein shake, and coconut butter in a treat I make (coconut butter, coconut, a few chopped nuts melted then cut into 2" squares) which he has after dinner most days.
                    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Thanks! (And I like the sound of your after-dinner coconut treat.)

Comment

• AAAAH. Ah! AH! My calves have angles when I flex them.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                        Congenital Hypothyroid
                        CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• I had ACL replacement Dec 09, and have had a rough time with recouping even though I had physical therapy (work comp only gave me so many weeks of). I would wake each day feeling like I was going to need the crutches again, only after a bit of moving around the pain would lessen, but everyday I had some level on noticeable pain, always there and always thinking about it. I could not walk using proper strides because I would baby it because the pain would get unbearable and this left the mucles in that leg feeling shortened and weak. Not even two weeks into eating PB I can only say it feels nothing short of a miracle!! The pain has dulled significantly that I sometimes actually forget that I should have pain in that knee, I can tell it now just needs some strengthening. I was concerned about being able to follow the PB workouts, especially the sprinting. But I think I will soon get there, and I am so excited knowing I will be able to get out hiking again. Bring on Spring!!!

Comment

• Things taste so differently - spinach is sweet and last night the cod I made tasted so buttery - and I forgot to add the butter/oil when I put it in the oven!

Comment

• Played in a concert last night - I'm a 'cellist. The symphony was 50 minutes of hard work. BPB the pain in my hands was such that I went into concerts smeared with plenty of topical Ibuprofen, and even then by the end of the evening I'd probably be finding my hands just not cooperating with my brain any more, and maybe the pain in my right thumb so extreme I couldn't feel the bow. Always fun and useful. Now... the fast bits on the last page are no worse than the fast bits at the beginning, and there's hardly any pain, and nothing seizes up.

Comment

• I think one of the catalysts that inadvertently led me to PB a little almost two months ago was the fact that I had both the dark skin under my arms and breasts developing as well as numbness in my index and middle finger on my left hand. Being a googleholic, I realized these were indicators that my blood sugar/insulin response was all kinds of effed up. That made me look at doing Atkins (again), which somehow led me to MDA and a much happier life.

Just this past week I noticed the numbness was gone in the middle finger and almost gone in the index finger. The discoloration of my skin is gone, as are the dark circles under my eyes. I'm 45 and was noticing the skin on my hands turning quite granny-ish; I simply attributed it to my move from Ft Lauderdale to Chicago, dry air and all. Last week I noticed a young girl, maybe mid 20s on the train, she had that dry skin on her hands and mine actually look younger than hers...YAY PB !! I've always had ample boobs n butt, but never that hourglass figure because my waist was always "thick". I now have a defined waist....for the first time in my life. Being a meso-endo, I've always been more muscular than my girlfriends, but with that lovely layer of fat hiding most of it. Now I can see the striations in my leg and arm muscles, and am so excited at the prospect of seeing ab muscles !

The no funky teeth thing. Have had 2 periods on primal and the last one had a lot less pain, so I'm hoping this is a permanent change. My libido is through the freaking roof. No more bloating in my tummy. I can put my knees to my chest and not grow short winded. Overall, I'm a much happier, calmer person now. =)
                                "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

Working...
                                X