Those weird little bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
    I no longer pee my pants a little when I laugh or sneeze.

I think it was the grains....
    hahaha!
    Originally posted by runnergal
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Comment

• Originally posted by aktres View Post
      No more cellulite. It just went away. If I sold this as The Cellulite-Erasing Diet, every woman in the U.S. would be on it.
      I never had it very bad, but my thighs were the first place I started noticing how much nicer and softer my skin was getting.

Comment

• This is a bit of a mixed blessing. Pre-Primal, every day or two I would be in front of the bathroom mirror wincing and blinking, trying to fish eyelashes out of my eyes. Nowadays, that pretty much never happens. Nice thick eyelashes that stay where they're meant to be for a change. However... my eyebrows are verging on bushy...

Comment

• I've only been primal about 8 days and already I've noticed something. I'm no longer a snooze-button-addict. I have two alarms to get me up and I used to just snooze both of them for an hour before I would actually get up. The past 4 or 5 days I've gotten up after only one no snoozes. I get up in a good mood too! I dare say I'm slowly becoming a morning person. weird...
          Originally posted by runnergal
          You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Comment

• My skin texture is getting finer--smaller pores.
            Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• I have to agree with the cellulite thing! This is week 3 of PB for me and I just noticed my thighs are MUCH less lumpy. Even when I was really really skinny a couple years ago, they were still lumpy bumpy cellulite-ville. You can still find cellulite if you look, but for the most part, my thighs are so much smoother!

Last week I was really craving a raspberry hot chocolate. So, yesterday, I gave in and got one. I took a sniff and wowie, it was sooooo sweet. I almost can't believe I would get a large and then drink the whole thing. I couldn't even drink half of it yesterday. It was really good and really gross at the same time. I don't think I'll be picking up another any time soon. Or rather, make that any time.

Here's the other big thing I've noticed. I actually feel like exercising. PPB (I like this acronym) I would have to drag myself out to exercise, run or whatever. And I would always tell myself, ok, it'll suck now, but when you get done, you'll feel great. And I would do it, and I'd feel ok, but have this bad migraine onset yucky feeling too. Which would usually go away with sleep and some migraine meds. Sometimes not. BUT NOW I will get home from work, feel happy and amazing and be excited to work out. And actually, since I'm a nerd, I stopped calling working out "working out" - at least to myself. Now it's "funning out" because I play with my sledgehammer or lift weights or dance around the room like a crazy person or sprint with my dogs - Italian Greyhounds for the best little sprinter buddies ever- or just whatever.

Someone else mentioned this upthread as well, but I feel so much happier about my situation. We live with my father in law in the burbs and for a while it was killing my soul. Now I am just happy and ok with everything. I hated my job SO MUCH and was looking for something else but the economy sucked and I can't find anything and my degree is useless and OMG I'm fat and hate my body and my living situation is a nightmare and my commute is evil and wah wah wah call me a wahmbulance. But now, I'm happy little sunshine girl. I wake up after one snooze, but that's usually just cuddle my puppies and husband time, then I get out of bed and I'm just... going. On what feels like limitless energy. My boss has been giving me some WHO ARE YOU?! type looks because I was so ready just to leave this place, so I wasn't working hard, wasn't even trying. And now I just work work work and I'm all chipper and happy. I don't mind the commute so much any more, don't mind the living space and I don't just crash out in front of my computer when I get home and space out to world of warcraft.

Oh, and one more, I find I really really like the taste of fat. Before, when I was fatphobic, anything fatty was just gross to me. Whole milk felt like it would clog my throat. Chicken skin was disgusting. But now, I'll have a little glass of frozen blueberries with a splash of extra heavy whipping cream and whole milk, sip the milk and the cream, then eat the berries and it is soooooo delicious. And chicken skin? om nom nom nom nom!!! I LOVE IT!!

YAY for me and my rambles!! I feel so amazing with the PB! I just love it. It has really made my life so much better.

Comment

• The weirdest thing I notice is that I can't sit and watch TV anymore. Before PB, even when I had a busy life, I would watch TV in bed before going to sleep and sometimes I could watch hours and hours to catch up on my favorite shows. But now, I just can't do it. I have no desire to. I would rather read or do something else. This is weird because it's not something I consciously changed on my own. Its like my brain is more active and I need more then just sitting and dumbing out.

And I agree about the happy disposition. I just feel good and happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs_moesy View Post
                  I have to agree with the cellulite thing! This is week 3 of PB for me and I just noticed my thighs are MUCH less lumpy. Even when I was really really skinny a couple years ago, they were still lumpy bumpy cellulite-ville. You can still find cellulite if you look, but for the most part, my thighs are so much smoother!

Last week I was really craving a raspberry hot chocolate. So, yesterday, I gave in and got one. I took a sniff and wowie, it was sooooo sweet. I almost can't believe I would get a large and then drink the whole thing. I couldn't even drink half of it yesterday. It was really good and really gross at the same time. I don't think I'll be picking up another any time soon. Or rather, make that any time.

Here's the other big thing I've noticed. I actually feel like exercising. PPB (I like this acronym) I would have to drag myself out to exercise, run or whatever. And I would always tell myself, ok, it'll suck now, but when you get done, you'll feel great. And I would do it, and I'd feel ok, but have this bad migraine onset yucky feeling too. Which would usually go away with sleep and some migraine meds. Sometimes not. BUT NOW I will get home from work, feel happy and amazing and be excited to work out. And actually, since I'm a nerd, I stopped calling working out "working out" - at least to myself. Now it's "funning out" because I play with my sledgehammer or lift weights or dance around the room like a crazy person or sprint with my dogs - Italian Greyhounds for the best little sprinter buddies ever- or just whatever.

Someone else mentioned this upthread as well, but I feel so much happier about my situation. We live with my father in law in the burbs and for a while it was killing my soul. Now I am just happy and ok with everything. I hated my job SO MUCH and was looking for something else but the economy sucked and I can't find anything and my degree is useless and OMG I'm fat and hate my body and my living situation is a nightmare and my commute is evil and wah wah wah call me a wahmbulance. But now, I'm happy little sunshine girl. I wake up after one snooze, but that's usually just cuddle my puppies and husband time, then I get out of bed and I'm just... going. On what feels like limitless energy. My boss has been giving me some WHO ARE YOU?! type looks because I was so ready just to leave this place, so I wasn't working hard, wasn't even trying. And now I just work work work and I'm all chipper and happy. I don't mind the commute so much any more, don't mind the living space and I don't just crash out in front of my computer when I get home and space out to world of warcraft.

Oh, and one more, I find I really really like the taste of fat. Before, when I was fatphobic, anything fatty was just gross to me. Whole milk felt like it would clog my throat. Chicken skin was disgusting. But now, I'll have a little glass of frozen blueberries with a splash of extra heavy whipping cream and whole milk, sip the milk and the cream, then eat the berries and it is soooooo delicious. And chicken skin? om nom nom nom nom!!! I LOVE IT!!

YAY for me and my rambles!! I feel so amazing with the PB! I just love it. It has really made my life so much better.
                  This is all awesome, way to turn your life around!
                  My Journal

Comment

• I have a good friend who started primal a week behind me (so she's been doing it for 3 weeks now) - she was going through menopause hell with hot flashes, and she said the hot flashes disappeared when the grain and sugar did. Yay primal!
                    ***if you fall down seven times, get up eight.***

Comment

• I have to shave everyday now

lolz
                      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                      Current Weight: 235 pounds
                      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Let's see, elbows/heels are softer, skin is starting to glow, less breakouts, calmer/more rational, dark circles under eyes are minimizing, teeth don't feel like they have sweaters on them, takes a lot less food to make me feel full, no snacking, hair is fuller/thicker and my bald spot is minimizing, I do have to shave more often. I started a sinus infection yesterday and just today, I feel like I am on day 4-5 of recovery versus day 2. Pretty amazing stuff. This is just after being hardcore for 2 weeks, with one major flub and yes the grains I ate made me a bloated irritable mess!
                        Georgette

Comment

• My dreams have been more vivid, and I've started having "wet dreams" very frequently - which is annoying. Probably just a sign of increased testosterone, maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                            skin is starting to glow
                            O_O

Step away from the uranium!!!!

Comment

• Before reading this, let me state I have not changed my dental cleaning habits for the better since the last dentist visit. I've gotten worse at making sure to floss and brush, because my mouth feels less disgusting on PB.

SO! Went to the dentist on Wednesday - they declassified me as having moderate peridontal disease (4-5 mm pockets). There are only a couple 4 mm pockets and the rest are mostly 2mm and a handful of 3mm. (THIS IS FANTASTIC, I JUST HAVE NORMAL GINGIVITIS NOW - kinda weird to be happy about gingivitis. )

They were also really impressed with my lingual bar (permanent retainer bar) and how little calculus/plaque there was there after 6 months. No sticky grain mush constantly in my mouth = happy gums and teeth.
                              Last edited by jandge; 03-05-2011, 03:29 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                              Congenital Hypothyroid
                              CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
                                a nice dewey complexion. Strangers complement me on my complexion when I have zero makeup on :-)
                                i noticed the same thing! i rarely wear make up but now my skin is almost radiant!

Comment

Working...
                                X