No announcement yet.

talking about going primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent the link for Mark's Daily Apple to my mom and all she said was, "Well, be careful about fad diets." That's was pretty much my conversation with her.

Comment

darienx19, I experience the same thing. Every single conversation goes that way.

When you talk about eliminating grains and sugar, it's like talking to an addict. You either get the concession that yeah, he really should give it up, BUT..., or the patronizing smile while underneath he sees no reason to give up something that makes him feel so good, regardless of the health consequences, or utter incomprehension, as though his addiction were necessary for him to go on living. I've seen that level of addiction to sugar.

Maybe I will start up a sugar detox center. I just have to wait for Mark to appear on Oprah, wait for the message to ferment, then set up shop in Hollywood!

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Oprah seems a great way to promote the PB. A partnership with Fox News and an endorsement from Peter Popoff might also prove invaluable to reach lots of elusive skeptics.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
        "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Sadly, Fox News seems to be the only means of validation for a large chunk of the population. Or maybe that's just in central Texas; here the Gospel of Glenn Beck is considered second only to the Bible.

It is very depressing to see the uncomprehending horror arise on a person's face at the prospect of abstaining from processed food. I die a little inside to see oddly-hued substances in ornately colored packages be recognized as "food" over a pile of raw meat and veggies.

Comment

Working...
          X