RIDICULOUS 2 week success

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two month update!

Just weighed myself this morning and I lost 12 pounds last month. Somehow I lost weight faster in November than I did in October?? Shit, I'll take it.
    That brings the total weight lost in my two months of primalness to 26 pounds.

Detriments - I've bought a lot of clothes lately. My new slim-fit pants (I hate regular fit pants) are falling off my ass This is getting expensive.

PS - I highly recommend weighing yourself only once a month.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Comment

way to go man....

Hearing the success of others only makes me want to dig into this stuff deeper.

If only I couldfind a nice comfy cave to live in....truly complete the process

Comment

My new slim-fit pants (I hate regular fit pants) are falling off my ass This is getting expensive.
        Congratulations!

If you have a lot more weight to lose go to the Salvation Army and stock up on cloths in those "interim" sizes...in Birmingham where I used to live, clothes were half price on Wednesdays which made them a real steal.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
          Congratulations!

If you have a lot more weight to lose go to the Salvation Army and stock up on cloths in those "interim" sizes...in Birmingham where I used to live, clothes were half price on Wednesdays which made them a real steal.
          I'm just going to have to stop buying clothes until my weight has "normalized" lol. I'll just cinch that belt tighter and tighter. Actually, I've run out of holes on my favorite belt. I'm going to have to poke a new one! Blurg.

Comment

Well, you could always start eating crap again.

Seriously, congratulations.
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
              Well, you could always start eating crap again.

Seriously, congratulations.
              One of the best little things about this are comments like that The girl that helps me at Nordstrom's always tells me to "EAT SOMETHING!"
              Of course it helps that she's absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

I vote for thrift stores. I hated shopping when I weighed over 300 pounds, but it gets more fun when you realize you actually look decent in stuff. Thrift is also a winner when you won't be in a size that long. LOL
                Congrats!!
                Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
                http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
                Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by shiggles View Post
                  One of the best little things about this are comments like that The girl that helps me at Nordstrom's always tells me to "EAT SOMETHING!"
                  Of course it helps that she's absolutely gorgeous.
                  The answer to that is "if you'll come with me" .

Comment

Originally posted by shiggles View Post
                    I'm just going to have to stop buying clothes until my weight has "normalized" lol. I'll just cinch that belt tighter and tighter. Actually, I've run out of holes on my favorite belt. I'm going to have to poke a new one! Blurg.
                    Good for you, man! That's awesome.

I agree with you about weighing yourself less often, too. What are you going to do if you see no weight change in a few days, start eating less and less until you lose? That kind of thing creates unhealthy eating habits and slowed progress long term.

Glad to see you're still sticking with this thing and having great success.

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
                      Good for you, man! That's awesome.

I agree with you about weighing yourself less often, too. What are you going to do if you see no weight change in a few days, start eating less and less until you lose? That kind of thing creates unhealthy eating habits and slowed progress long term.

Glad to see you're still sticking with this thing and having great success.
                      Absolutely. It helps a lot that I have guys like you to look to for inspiration. And as I promised last month, here are some progress photos.

The left picture: Oct 3 - 200lbs
                      The right picture: Dec 4 - 183lbs

I obviously have a little more to go, but I'm completely stoked with the results so far.
                      Last edited by shiggles; 12-16-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

Thanks!

Sub-item success: I now wear a medium sized shirt, and a size 35 pant. I haven't been able to wear a medium shirt since 2004.

When I was at my fattest, I wore extra large shirts and size 40 pants. Nice.

Comment

Definitely a big change in those pics man! Congrats.

You lifting? Time to bring those arms out, even if you’re only lifting yourself like I’ve been doing since May.
                            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Looking pretty terrific there. It is most noticeable in your face - you've lost all that bloated look that carbs give. And your waist is noticeably much smaller. Great work!
                              Odille
                              F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                              following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

Thanks all! I feel great.

I've been doing body weight exercises a bit. Admittedly not nearly as much as I could be doing. I drop and give myself 25 every now and then. I've also been progressing in planks. Man, planks can be brutal, they get me shaking in about 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X