No announcement yet.

Lower sex drive on a low-carb diet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Luckily for the study subjects, "memory performance returned to normal when we re introduced carbohydrates in the second week of the study," said Taylor. A piece of fruit or one- quarter of a slice of bread seemed to be enough."

If you are worried about it, just make sure you are getting some carbs. Read marks suggestion about the carbs here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-p...ate-continuum/

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Since I started on primal about 3 weeks ago, my sex drive has kicked into high gear.

Comment

Saturated fats help increase testosterone, so I've recently read. Good for both men and women, kicking that drive into overdrive!

Comment

Agnieszka,

Me, too. Wow!

Comment

Yeah, I've also had the opposite happen. Fun stuff.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Something's wrong with me then, huh? :P

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
              ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

WOW! I must say that ever since I switched to LC and now Primal, my sex drive has been VERY low. Dangerously low.

This coming from a male in his 20s who had an extremely high sex drive. My GF and I were both insane and she really noticed how it dropped off...

It&#39;s been 3+ months. In my case, I am under 50-75 grams of carbs/day.

Comment

Bakr72, if I understood correctly, you have been that way since you went low-carb? Even after three months you&#39;re still low? If this is my case, it will surely keep me focused in my studies rather than... heh, just kidding. This is weird though, there seems to be mixed results here. I wonder if Mark has an article about it?

Comment

Without your sex drive you can at least be faithful and romantic.

I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
                    Yeah!

Comment

Hey now, it&#39;s still possible to be faithful and romantic while having a high sex drive! Come on now

rphlslv (does that stand for anything?!) - I&#39;m pretty carefree as well, it&#39;s just that it hasn&#39;t come to mind as much (or as intensely) as it had before. Find a cute man at the gym and maybe it will come back.

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Jess, has my name irritated you? :P

It&#39;s my first and last name without vowels. Cute men? hahaha I&#39;m a guy!

Anyways, maybe in the heat of the moment I will regain it? I don&#39;t know, I am single. The only reason why I said my sexual drive has been low is because when I see the hotties on the subway I don&#39;t feel or desire anything. That&#39;s VERY unlike me.

Comment

Haha oh man, my apologies! I&#39;m sure at the right moment, you won&#39;t find too much trouble. You could just be overworking yourself with too much exercise, your body just might be tired.

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

rphlslv, on another thread I just asked for your name. A famous painter + a common Portuguese last name, eh?

Comment

Probably, but I&#39;m not worrying too much actually. At least now I can safely assume that it&#39;s linked to my low-carb consumption, right? "Sorry babe, I&#39;m out of carbs today." LOL

Maba, yes, Raphael Silva. VERY common Portuguese name, I hate it.

Voilà, I just changed my name to ease your lives. I actually like it better.

Comment

Low Sex Drive

My husband and I have been on Primal for about a year now. We've both lost weight and I have much more energy. But our sex drives have dipped, especially mine. We eat saturated fat so what's the problem? Is it possible that it's because I'm now 42? I've heard that woman's sex drives get higher in their forties. I'm a bit disappointed, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X