No announcement yet.

A C.O & turkey breast only day, plateau broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Is coconut oil really that fantastic? So dang expensive. 10 bucks for a little jar..I mean, really? Olive oil is 4 bucks for a large bottle..Hmm.. Am I being too cheap now? Haha

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

You can get coconut oil at about half the price of those little jars if you buy a gallon at a time (roughly 50 bucks with shipping in the continental US). It took me months to go through it even oil pulling, using it on my skin, making tons of energy bars, etc.

Comment

Jess, I got a bottle of 1500g of Nutiva brand of CO from the local co-op for 29.99. The same is available for $23.95. I'm running out of my CO, I think I'll order my next one from this site:

http://tinyurl.com/cgn6sw

Comment

whole foods, damn their souls, has their very good house brand 365 virgin coconut oil for $7, 14 oz.

That's about as cheap as I've seen, regardless of grade, for "store boughten."

Comment

OTB, I just returned from a vacation/shopping trip to the States (Hawaii), where (in my primal nourishment search) I picked up a jar of the 365 Coconut oil to take home. Wow, now I understand why some folks here eat CO straight from the jar. Count me as one of those. It's so good I thought no way, it must be illegal or something.

I had tried a jar (don't remember the brand) of CO a few years back, and it had zero flavor. I assumed that was the norm, until reading posts on MDA.

Because I have access to GNC stores where I live overseas, I also picked up a jar of CO from them to try (discovered from their website that they carry it). It seems to be slightly more intense in deliciousness than even the 365 brand. It was similar in price.

Comment

What, they didn't have roadside coconut oil vendors in Hawaii under the palms?

"Getcha fresh oil here! Getcha fresh oil here! Pressed from fresh coconuts on the thighs of Polynesian virgins!"

(Little known fact that what Virgin C.O. means.)

Yeah, it's great stuff, Kitty. If you like the taste of coconut at all, you can't go wrong!

Comment

54oz Nutiva from Amazon for $21.49, ships via Vitamin Shoppe for $0.99: http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Virgin-Coconut-54-Ounce/dp/B000GAT6NG

I ordered that and received it week before last. No problems. Good prices on the larger sizes too.

Comment

Thanks for the link Nick. I was going to order today from the other site I'd posted. Would you mind adding this in the resources section?

Comment

Hahaha

Love that, OTB!

Comment

Three jars of the 365 would be 51 fl ounces for $21....pretty much the same, give or take a smidge.

Comment

lol OTB. I started looking for CO as soon as I got there, hoping I could find some interesting jars at the markets, or even the tourist stops. After all, it *really does* grow on trees! Go figure...

I was happy to find that it is carried at GNC, so I should be able to keep a regular supply without having to constantly order by mail (or if necessary the store can order it). Mail order gets wearisome because I have to rely on it for a lot of stuff I can't get here. I can't complain, though, because I am so glad it is available.

Comment

Working...
                        X