men vs women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• men vs women

How quickly do most women loose fat on this diet? I have recently started weight training and have had my carb count below 100g for the past 2 months and actually stay below 50g many days, but I still have a considerable about of visible fat around my hips. My husband lost all of his fat incredibly fast, but my results seem very different. Why is this?

It will be harder for you, simply because you are a woman. You have more estrogen in your system and less testosterone, which is a combination that slows weight loss.

Comment

Are you eating more dairy than your husband?

Dairy can stall weight loss. Get rid of the butter and cheese and have some real fat like lard.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
      Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
      Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

Why does cheese effect weight loss?

Comment

I probably do eat a lot of cheese, I'm trying to cut back

Comment

I'm going to have to try this lard stuff.

Really Tarlach-- butter? I use a moderate amount of butter and have just a tiny bit of fluff I'd like to drop (about 4 lbs)-- and it's driving me nuts because I can't lose it! just 4 lbs!

Comment

I empathise lekressin, I was 100% primal for two months and didnt see any improvement in my body composition. I was keeping my carbs at 50gms or below most days too. I kind of fell off the wagon a bit because I was disheartened. Last month I was doing IF for 24 hours twice a week, and I liked it but still nothing much happened. I dont think I am insulin resistant because I didnt have much of a problem with the fasting, and most days wasnt really hungry when I finally broke the fast. I get plenty of exercise. The only thing I can think of now is that I am of that certain age, ie perimenopausal, plus have had issues with heavy metal toxicity, so my adrenals have been under alot of pressure. I dunno, my body has never been so resistant to positive feeding etc as it is now. my trouble is as well I am a small person with about 10 pounds to lose. If anyone else has had similar issues and was successful I would love to hear.

Comment

Don't forget the closer you are to your ideal weight the harder it is to lose. I'm dropping fairly quickly, but then I have a looooonnngg way to go.

Comment

No kidding.

I'm 122 lbs- and my goal is 118. Not far to go but it's killer.

Comment

Tarlach -- why does dairy reduce fat loss?

I have been fairly primal for a while, but haven't cut calories until two days ago. I need to drop about 15 kg to go back to competition weight. If dairy is going to slow fat loss... I am willing to drop or really limit it on my diet.

Comment

I don't know why dairy stalls weight loss. I know a few people who have tried high fat diets to lose weight and the introduction of dairy often seems to stall weight loss.

I don't consume any dairy and I'm certainly not going to experiment with it, but if you are stalled then it may be worth a try.

Grok didn't eat dairy and we shouldn't either. Dairy causes most asthma and there is a good chance that dairy consumption is the cause of MS.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
                      Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )

Comment

Yea, I have been doing some reading about dairy and have found that many of my health issues are a side effect of dairy, which is pretty exciting to me to have found that the answer to multiple problems I have stems from dairy. Now that I know the cause all I have to do is eliminate it.

Comment

Tarlach -- thank you. I'll make a free dairy trial to see if weight loss is faster and if that's my case, I'll have to find something to eat frozen blueberries with!

I know about dairy and MS, but the issue is far from clear. For example, cheese consumption is not associated with MS while milk and cream are. Some people suggest that the connection is to high lactose consumption. The one single factor more related to MS is lack of vitamin D, specially low sun exposure during childhood (which BTW was my case -- my mother passed her sun phobia on me).

BTW - I went dairy free for two years and my allergies stayed the same until I went low carb. Then I started on dairy again and remained allergy free until I upped carb consumption.

Comment

Butyrophilin (milk protein) resembles Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein (MOG) - the protein sheath that covers nerves and brain cells.

Butyrophilin plus an adjuvant may mean that T cells attacks this protein sheath, which would result in MS.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Comment

BSA (bovine milk protein) does the same, and so do several lectins from grains and legumes. It could even be WGA from wheat, or a tomato lectin, the necessary adjuvant.

To provoke an immune reaction, peptides must cross the gut barrier and oral tolerance must be abrogated. Bacterial infections, or antigen exposure in the first years of life inhibit tolerance. I think oral tolerance can be developed. Glatiramer acetate is Big Pharma's way, and it works "partially". Taking care of leaky gut with good bacteria, glucosamine to maintain the gut's linen integrity, avoiding sugar and also gluten and in some cases milk, is another way to do it.

Whatever anyone's take on the dairy issue - i think treating leaky gut is the first step. Failing to do so leaves you at mercy of becoming intolerant to any protein that enters your digestive system, and there are many other proteins similar to myelin or which exhibit cross reaction to any other protein in the body -insert favorite autoimmune disease-.

Comment

Working...
                              X