Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakfast ideas without eggs? Or minimal eggs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast ideas without eggs? Or minimal eggs.

Hi all,

I love eggs, but I'm currently dating a guy who tries to avoid them. All he wants for breakfast are pancakes and waffles. Basically the foods he likes are typical SAD stuff... he's not even into yogurt unless it packed half with sugar. Also he's a super non-adventurous eater who is as picky as heck. Basically nothing green with leaves he'll eat.

Any ideas of a breakfast that he can accept and that won't drive me crazy? I've done the whole you eat your stuff, I'll eat mine thing, but I'd prefer we eat together sometimes...

Thanks,
    Pome
    Last edited by Pomegranate; 02-18-2015, 03:46 PM.

Originally posted by Pomegranate View Post
    Hi all,

I love eggs, but I'm currently dating a guy who tries to avoid them. All he wants for breakfast are pancakes and waffles. Basically the foods he likes are typical SAD stuff... he's not even into yogurt unless it packed half with sugar. Also he's a super non-adventurous eater who is as picky as heck. Basically nothing green with leaves he'll eat.

Any ideas of a breakfast that he can accept and that won't drive me crazy? I've done the whole you eat your stuff, I'll eat mine thing, but I'd prefer we eat together sometimes...

Thanks,
    Pome
    "Currently dating" doesn't sound permanent.

Comment

Leftovers?
      Accommodating a "picky as heck" adult will drive anyone crazy, I imagine he's learned how to shop for himself.
      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Is it eggs as eggs he avoids, or even things with eggs in the recipe? (pancakes and waffles should have eggs in them)

You could go sort of French and have fruit and cheese and some kind of meat (usually ham). Sneak in some yogurt. They would add bread/pastry.

For something sweetish you could have a clafoutis (eggs!)

Bacon and avocado. Maybe add some kind of hash brown (potato if don't fear carbs, rutabaga or daikon radish for less carbs).
        https://instagram.com/dinnerwithek/

Comment

Mine today was :

Steel cut oats
          Blueberries
          Half a banana
          Nut, seed and raisin mix
          Peanut butter
          Vanilla whey protein powder

Tasted awesome !

Comment

Plantain pancakes have eggs in them but they taste just like regular pancakes, which also contain eggs. Here's a link:

Perfect Paleo Pancakes - The Paleo Mom

Seriously, my mom thought they were wheat. However, it MUST be green plantains if you want to fool anyone. Using yellow is delicious but you definitely get a banana flavor.
            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, eggs and Spam. That's not got much eggs in it!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist a Monty Python reference.
              I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Smoked salmon, blueberries and coconut oil, sardines. But as you said picky eater so probably wouldn't fly.

Also, realize unless change happens, this is what you will be dealing with for the rest of the relationship.
                You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Do you think you will win his heart with this
                  Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes | Gusto Paleo
                  http://gustopaleo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mainer View Post
                    Also, realize unless change happens, this is what you will be dealing with for the rest of the relationship.
                    This!

Something so basic and simple is a telltale sign right off the bat of incompatibility, most people ignore these signs and screw up the future. Hit him with your basic diet and if it doesn't work let him walk.

Comment

Originally posted by eats.meats.west View Post
                      This!

Something so basic and simple is a telltale sign right off the bat of incompatibility, most people ignore these signs and screw up the future. Hit him with your basic diet and if it doesn't work let him walk.
                      Agreed. He may be wonderful in a lot of ways, but don't ignore these little things bec it is really the little day-to-day things that wear you out. And don't pretend this is the only conflict, there will always be other differences that pop up into relationships with time.

Comment

Working...
                      X