• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goat!!!

My favorite meat...
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl....DTL&type=food

It makes a damn good ghosht curry.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm....yeah.

Comment

...and if you make a deal with the devil, he'll give you an awesome goat guitar, and teach you to play it like Steve Vai.

Comment

Nah, he'll put you in the charlie daniels band.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

Comment

Cabrito fricase====Possibly my favorite thing, after elk and bison.

Got a link to a recipe instead of copying my grandma's

http://www.dollarman.com/puertorico/kidstew.html

NB. Goat is cabro. In Puerto Rico they use cabrito. A cabro or if a big one, cabron, is a cuckold. They are careful about tossing that word about.
              Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

I loooooooooove goat cheese on top of grilled chicken. so good
                sigpic

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
                Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
                With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
                Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

The local specialty in Monterrey, Mexico is spit-roasted cabrito. Los Fresnos' offers every part of the little tike on the menu. So far it's all good. I've yet to order the head, but the meat is super tender and tasty. They also make a great soup out of the skin and some of the organs; I highly recommend trying goat no matter where you are.

Comment

Chevon - my favorite meat!!! I have some goat chops in the freezer, will have to try the grilled chops with Harissa.

Comment

Can someone try to describe what chevon tastes like? The farmer I buy my pork and beef from also has goat, but I'm afraid to try it.

Comment

Like a cross between lamb and beef, but a little gamier and tougher.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

bleh, not into tough, gamey meat.

Comment

I said a little gamier, not much. I'd say give crock pot or tandoori goat a try if you ever get the chance. That and Banana leaf cabrito.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

Could depend on variety and what they eat. Goat from Marin Sun Farms in SF is very mild, not gamy at all. I've had other goat with a touch of funk, but so does a lot of lamb.

Comment

Working...
                              X