Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italian Herb and Parmesan Almond Bread- 80/20 fits here....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Herb and Parmesan Almond Bread- 80/20 fits here....

4-cups Almond Meal
    1/2-cup Finely Grated REAL parmesan cheese
    1tsp each baking powder and baking soda
    * to taste* your favorite dried italian herbs and garlic powder or real garlic if you like
    1/4 Cup Olive Oil
    5 eggs
    1tsp each Apple cider vinegar, Sea Salt and raw honey

Combine all the dry ingredients, in a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Add the Wet Ingredients to the Dry, combine thoroughly. Use a little extra oil to grease a standard sized loaf pan, and bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes unitl knife comes out clean when tested. Allow to cool, and slice.

* When you just feel like you have to have a sandwich, slice it thin and there you go! *

Yum, this sounds good... I'm IFing right now and that suddenly made me really hungry. =] I love all those ingredients (I'll make mine extra-garlicky!), and I bet it freezes well (you know, so I don't eat it all at once, haha).
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

thanks for reminding mei am also IFing. Now Im hungrier
      "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Mmmmm! I am going to have to add this one to the repetoire!
        With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

what would happen if you used coconut flour or 1/2 ?
          "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Good question. I just checked my almond four, and only have about 2 cups of it left, so I might be finding out the answer to this later on today.
            With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Comment

I think the texture would change a bit with the coconut flour, and perhaps the bread not as dense and yummy. I get my almond meal/flour from trader Joes, and it's about 3.29 a pound bag. I was also able to toss the bread into the toaster oven with good success. I had a sandwich ( YES!) with cold leftover organic chicken, lettuce and it was wonderful. Hope you like it!

Comment

I just left Trader Joe's, and they were out of it! Gah! I'll have to try the one by my work tomorrow.

Comment

Have a fresh bag of TJ"s sitting @ home waiting for a recipe.
                  "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessGrok View Post
                    4-cups Almond Meal
                    1/2-cup Finely Grated REAL parmesan cheese
                    1tsp each baking powder and baking soda
                    * to taste* your favorite dried italian herbs and garlic powder or real garlic if you like
                    1/4 Cup Olive Oil
                    5 eggs
                    1tsp each Apple cider vinegar, Sea Salt and raw honey

Combine all the dry ingredients, in a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Add the Wet Ingredients to the Dry, combine thoroughly. Use a little extra oil to grease a standard sized loaf pan, and bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes unitl knife comes out clean when tested. Allow to cool, and slice.

* When you just feel like you have to have a sandwich, slice it thin and there you go! *
                    Any idea what the carbs would be for this? Looks very yummy?

Comment

nah, I am not worried about the macros with this Way of eating. Since I don't have much if any weight to lose. I suppose you could plug it into fit day though. It IS very yummy. made another loaf last night and put in the freezer. Have one in the oven now with cocoa powder and 70% shaved chocolate in it for a dessert bread...... YUM.

Comment

Made it last night. I think it happens to be alright. Sliced thin to use as a cheese vessel looks like # 1 use. Maybe with a scoop of tuna. I sure hope it freezes well. @ 3000 calories & 275 grams of fat for a small loaf, I am not sure how fast 1 weight sucking man can get through it. I definetly have to consider it a treat for rare occasions until I get the last 15 lbs of my goal achieved. so far 30lbs in 8 weeks. Thanks for the recipe. I also plan to make the coconut flour pizza recipe I found on Friday.
                        "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

Glad you enjoyed Charidr......

Yes, a caloric Machine. I try not to worry about that too much. When I eat it, each slice is probably 1/4" thick. Mine froze really well, the only issue with freezing stuff is if you try to freeze cream based stuff because the separation of the milk solids. A great snack with a swipe of butter too. My next one is to invent a full garlic version for garlic bread so I can enjoy that with Italian dishes like my lemon chicken. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Sounds great. What size loaf does this recipe make?
                            sigpic
                            www.pantrybites.com
                            Real Good Primal Food

Comment

Originally posted by pantrybites View Post
                              Sounds great. What size loaf does this recipe make?
                              Standard Loaf pan will do fine.....

Comment

Working...
                              X