Tea for concentration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea for concentration

I drink 4-5 20 oz cups or mugs of tea a day. At home, it's iced earl gray, at work I bounce around between several white, green, oolong, chamomile, and herb teas. My question is, which tea have y'all found to be the best in aiding concentration? I'm on one of the more boring parts of any design project and am looking for any help I can get in concentrating.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Green tea. Oolong is next, Oolong is good for digestion as well, but Green has the most caffine/theanine which is what you want here. (At least out of tea.)

Comment

Thanks. I have a decent green (slightly floral, nutty flavor) that I'll use.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Green tea with fresh ginger slices. Seems to be a vibrant scent/taste. The other scent that is energizing is lemongrass.

Comment

I personally enjoy one mug of green tea every morning. I have no idea if it helps me concentrate better, but I believe green tea is superior to all other teas from everything I have read over the past few months. I would think concentration is one of these things.
          Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Ketosis tea.
            .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I'm a bit of a tea snob. I can drink the Lipton stuff, but only if I have lemon. I prefer the whole leaf stuff, the only exception being matcha (which I haven't actually bought yet because I'm researching brands.) I prefer my tea either fairly light and soothing, or kick in the ass, holy shit I'm awake bold strong teas. I really have trouble with the in between stuff.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

I just started exploring yerba mate. I like it, but its different. OKAY I NOW its not tea for real, but I wanted something more than tea and less than coffee.

But for tea, I love me some earl grey with roses.

I also like lapsang souchong with cream. Onetime I was experimenting and added lemongrass. That was good.
                Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I remember reading that mint is good for alertness/concentration (I think it's mostly the smell). I have a green tea with peppermint that I like (it's at home, I forget the brand)... I really only drink it if my stomach is upset though, so I never bothered to notice whether it makes me more alert.
                  "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X