Cauliflower rice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cauliflower rice

Does anyone know how to make cauliflower rice or something else to go under spaghetti. I am making spaghetti tonight and obviously don't want the noodles, but feel that just sauce and meat will be boring.

Yeah it's really easy. Just grate the raw cauliflower, if you need to squeeze the water out it, and fry. I did it in butter and it was yum.
    My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Grated and sauteed zucchini or spaghetti squash (no need to grate) is also fantastic!

Comment

Tried the cauliflower rice w/ my spaghetti! Yummy!

Comment

Good to hear, I love it too! Every time I use cauliflower "rice" in a meal, my (non-primal) husband says "this is so much better than having it on rice/pasta... it has so much more flavor!" Maybe I'll turn him eventually...
          "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

ohhh, this reminds me I've been wanting to try making a big pot of dirty rice with cauliflower rice. I think I'll try it this weekend. Does cauliflower release a lot of water when it's being sauteed? I've only ever had it steamed.

Comment

I've made cauliflower rice before, it tasted much better than regular rice.
              .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I really have enjoyed very thinly sliced cabbage as a spaghetti replacement. Just cook it until it is as tender as pasta. pile on the sauce with a couple meatballs and it even twirls around the fork properly.

Comment

I also like shiratke noodles http://www.oriental-marketplace.com/shirataki.jpg in place of pasta and I pulse them in the food processor to make them into "rice". Shiratake is made from konjac root fiber and has almost no carbs or calories (and is, of course, grain/gluten free).

They have a neutral flavor, so I rinse them and put them in salted water and cook for about 10 min. to give them a little flavor. They work great with meaty marinaras and also creamy sauces. They're also good in Asian noodle soups and dishes.
                  http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

I find cauliflower rice very messy-any tricks? worth it, though.
                    I second the spaghetti squash-bit of a pain to get the seed out but also very good

Comment

im also looking for any tips on making cauliflower rice. i tried in my blender but it doesnt blend...and also in my magic bullet it doesnt do anything either. should i get a food processor or would it not do anything either like my magic bullet? its very time consuming cutting it by hand. but it was rewarding and delicious!

Comment

No tricks here, I tend to get it flying allllll over my kitchen. I grate it by hand, too.. I'm sure it's neater in a food processor.
                        "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

If you steam it lightly first, let it cool, and then grate it, it doesn't fly as far ;-)
                          Then fry in butter or ghee....

Comment

ive not yet used a grater. I just rough chop mine until there are no big chunks left. Simmer in the sauce for a minute and serve.
                            sigpic

Comment

I use frozen cauliflower, steam it and then toss it in my food processor. Works like a charm and the mess stays inside the processor. (I say mess cause wow is that stuff sticky!)

Comment

Working...
                              X