Yummy Salmon cakes - recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yummy Salmon cakes - recipe

I made these last night and they turned out delicious! I "indianized" the recipe a bit by adding chopped green chili, a dash of turmeric and garam masala, and omitted the lime and cumin. We ate it with a side of oven-roasted cauliflower.

http://www.nourishingdays.com/?p=1584

This was my first time using canned salmon. I think I'll try these again with fresh salmon next time.

Sounds great, maba!!!

Comment

I love salmon and tuna cakes and that one looks delish !! I used to add bread crumbs but now I add parmesan cheese but I will definitely try adding psyllium husks or ground flax next time... We also had grilled cauliflower last night...

Comment

This looks good. Is the coconut flour enough to bind the cakes so they don't fall apart in the pan? my big beef with salmon cakes.

Comment

Tonight I made the salmon cakes in the PB cookbook. The coconut flour did a perfect job at binding them together, and they were yummy indeed!
          My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
          On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

@Egoldstein: Mine held very well with coconut flour, they didn't crumble at all.

Comment

Awesome! I have some leftover guac and salsa and was wanting to make salmoncakes for breakfast to eat w/ them--this recipe looks great! I'll have to try the Indian inspired one as well maba! Hope you're doing wonderfully well!!!!
              My Before/After Pics
              Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

@FairyRae: I hope you like them, they are super simple to make. I'm doing well, thanks - completed 6 months today

Comment

i have made these before, and they were amazing. i had no problems with them staying together, the outsides got nice and crusty!!! i added a little raw pecorino cheese to the mixture and served them over asparagus. what a great dinner.

Comment

Working...
                  X