Jerky makers: Favorite recipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerky makers: Favorite recipe?

I just received from Amazon today my Excalibur dehydrator that I've been coveting for a few years and finally made the plunge.

I have several pounds of pre-sliced local grass fed beef (round) for jerky making. Have been looking through some marinade (both dry and brine cure) recipes online, but would love to hear your favorites. I plan to give it a go this weekend. I don't plan to seek out coconut aminos, hard to find here and quite expensive, but am not averse to using gluten free tamari.

Looking forward to seeing some great ideas.

Thanks .
    My musings

The old stuff

Since you said you use gluten free tamari I'll tell what we use. I'm not sure of the measurements we just toss it all in a ziplock bag and marinate for about 24 hrs.

Tamari
    Worcestershire Sauce (I think about 1/4 cup of each)
    juice of 1 lime
    onion powder
    garlic powder
    about 1 tsp honey
    black pepper
    sea salt (we like it salty)
    Coriander
    If we aren't going to smoke it we add a little liquid smoke.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

That sounds fantastic. A combination of all things I love. And all of it is in the pantry. Thanks a lot.
      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

You're welcome. I love it when a recipe calls for ingredients I already have on hand!
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

That marinade is da bomb!

Just got my lovely beef into marinate, smells heavenly. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

I wish I were making some right now!

Comment

Working...
            X