honey mustard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honey mustard

anyone made honey mustard with something besides honey??

egg yolk
    olive oil
    mustard
    _______

does this sound right if i figure out where to get the honey part from?
    Get on my Level
    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

You could use Agave Nectar, or honey

Comment

I always do 1/2 mayo, 1/2 mustard, and just enough honey to taste it. That might be 1/2 tablespoon for a cup of mayo/mustard mixed.
      You are what you eat,
      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

If you have a favorite sweetener (stevia, xylitol, whatever) you can probably use some of that. It won't taste quite the same as using honey, but I think it would work.

When I've made a honey mustard salad dressing, I used honey, mustard, and enough mild olive oil to get the texture I wanted. Just whisked it all together. I like your egg yolk idea though, that would make it thicker/creamier, so I think you've got a good plan.
        "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I think maple dijon is the apogee of deliciousness for sweet mustards. I used to make candied maple dijon bacon (which was basically bacon brushed with a 80/20 solution of maple syrup/Maille dijon mustard) but I've flipped the ratio and it's still pretty darn tasty.

Comment

I have often made honey mustard from just dijon and honey... last time I had a party with some chicken fingers like half the people there asked where I got it or for the recipe. 3 parts mustard to 1 part raw honey.

Comment

Working...
            X