you will need:
- eggplant. hopefully this is obvious. chop it into 1" x 3" chunks as shown.
- a 3:1 ratio of olive oil to apple cider vinegar. actual quantity just all depends on how much eggplant you have. you want a good amount so that the eggplant soaks it up.
- ground thyme, to taste
- black pepper
- BACON! how many slices depends on how many pieces of eggplant you have.
- a grill
- in a smaller bowl, combine the olive oil and ACV. slowly add the ACV to the olive oil, much like you have to do when making mayo. add pepper and thyme.
- in a larger bowl, throw in the eggplant pieces. throw in the marinade and thoroughly coat the slices. if you do this in a tupperware container, you can put a lid on and shake it to make sure everything is coated. let marinade for at least half an hour.
- wrap each piece of eggplant in a piece of bacon. secure the bacon ends by stabbing them with toothpicks.
- put eggplant on grill, indirect heat. cook on each side until bacon is crispy.