X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimchi

I love Kimchi pilled high on a steak. I use Sunjas Medium hot:
    http://www.sunjaskimchi.com

Does anbody else have good ideas on how to use Kimchi? Some times I eat it right out of the jar.

I share your problem. I pile sunjas on burgers, with sashimi, with eggs, straight from the jar...

Been considering making m own, but unsure If I could polish it off fast enough.

Comment

The first time I polished off a jar my stomach rumbled all the next day. I figure it was just thanking me for the good bugs. LOL

Comment

i eat kimchi with yakitori beef. amazing combo.
        "The first wealth is health."
        - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Every recipe for yakitori beef I can find calls for soy sauce. Can you just leeve it out, or what can I replace it with?

Comment

Originally posted by Nasno View Post

Been considering making m own, but unsure If I could polish it off fast enough.
            You should go for it! I make it myself and find it lasts a loooooong time - like a month or so unrefrigerated, longer if you put it in the refer once it gets spunky enough. I make two one-gallon jars at a time and make all different kinds - jalepeno, seaweed, diakon radish, etc... yuuuuum! Love it with meat and eggs, added to miso broth, or any soup that needs some tang and probiotics...
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
            ~ Thomas Alva Edison

Comment

I tried making some sauerkraut recently, but that failed. Maybe the brine level was too low or the temperature was too high. Any tips? I like how kimchi tastes, so I might try that on my next attempt. Care to share a recipe?

Comment

i love sunjas kimchi! I put it on everything, salads, meat dished, sauteed veggies. Soooo good.
                sigpic

Comment

I like Kimchi Jigae: http://norecipes.com/2009/11/18/kimc...e-kimchi-soup/
                  Instead of tofu...just use more meat ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                    I like Kimchi Jigae: http://norecipes.com/2009/11/18/kimc...e-kimchi-soup/
                    Instead of tofu...just use more meat ;-)
                    Kuno this is what I want when I come to your tent. And that burger. LOL
                    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I want kimchi now!!! I have some pork belly so I know where I am headed tomorrow... to buy kimchi. A friend and I are going to make some kimchi this summer.
                      http://paleochickcooks@blogspot.com/

Comment

Running to the fridge to consume Kimichi as a result of this thread....
                        SO good!
                        The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara tootie View Post
                          Kuno this is what I want when I come to your tent. And that burger. LOL
                          Toots--- you're SO on.
                          Maybe I could also get one of the Chinese BBQ Ducks from down the street?

Comment

Hmmm. I was just thinking about Kimchi Jigae...
                            If you replaced the tofu with Sweetbreads, instead of more pork belly, that might be really cool. Sweetbreads have a similar texture to tofu; I might be more inclined to eat them in Jigae.

Just a thought....

Comment

Originally posted by norcalgal View Post
                              i eat kimchi with yakitori beef. amazing combo.
                              This. The kimchi is often free and all you can eat. It's like bread at restaurants in the West.

Comment

Working...
                              X