Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate new breakfast creation - so proud, please comment :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate new breakfast creation - so proud, please comment :)

So I always loved the McGrok egg and bacon sandwich http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/03/the...fast-sandwich/

but its hassle to make the bread every morning then fry the eggs and bacon. So I came up with an 'omelette' sandwhich which makes life easier.

Your basically making an omelette, but keeping the yolks out of the mixture and adding coconut flower so the omelette has a light fluffy bread texture. the yolks go in to the sandwich with your other fillings so you get than runny yolk sensation you wouldn't normally get in an omelette! Fold over and eat with your hands (if its not too messsy)

Attatched are pictures going through the process and the final result, don't know if they can be viewed first time or have to be authorised?! In this one ive got onions, yolks, cream cheese tomatoes, mushrooms and went for smoked mackerel instead of bacon today.

So proud. Enjoy

Photo0552..jpgPhoto0554..jpgPhoto0555..jpgPhoto0558..jpgPhoto0559..jpg

Edit: if you cant see pics, go to your account settings, general settings, thread display options and make sure "show pictures.." is ticked. Let me know!

If that doesn't work Ill post them in a profile album
    Last edited by rockstareddy; 05-23-2010, 08:26 AM. Reason: order of photos
    www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

it won't let me see the pics!!!
    sounds amazing, though. i'm interested in seeing it!

Comment

Not working for me, either.

I make a week's worth of coconut pancakes at a time. (Which, folks, is nothing more than eggs, coconut milk, and coconut flour.) I often have scrambled egg sandwiches with them. Eggs between eggs, what's not to love?

(But I still want to see those photos!)

Comment

Go to your account settings, general settings, thread display options and make sure "show pictures.." is ticked. Let me know!

If that doesn't work Ill post them in a profile album

Comment

if you cant see pics, go to your account settings, general settings, thread display options and make sure "show pictures.." is ticked.
          Still not working, but it sounds yummy..
          Navy SEAL Workout
          Top Fat Loss Trainer
          Advanced Fat Loss

Comment

we just waiting on a moderator to ok the pix is all.
            "The first wealth is health."
            - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

ok cool, if this works there are 3 of them in this album, two of the final result one in the pan

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tachmentid=667

Comment

That looks amazing! I'll definitely be making one of those once I get some coconut. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Still not working...but now I can see the avatars!

Comment

That looks awesome!! (Yes, I can see the pics) Can you give approx quantities for the ingredients? The main ones, not necessarily the filling. Thanks!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
                    5'10" female, 38 y/o
                    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
                    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
                    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
                    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

Wow that was a great idea! I'm interested in how much coconut flour you used as well. Good call with separating the yolks too, my favorite part of eating eggs is the runny yolk!
                      You are what you eat,
                      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

This looks REALLY GOOD.

Question: What is coconut flour? I've never heard of it, or used it. Can you get it in the grocery store? Is it PB friendly? Whenever I hear "flour", I get nervous.

Comment

Wow thanks for your comments guys, let me know if you come up with ways to improve it!

Coconut flour, or dessicated coconut is quite easy to find in baking section or world food section of my supermarket, or grated a block of creamed coconut its all the same thing. Some use almond flour for a heavier texture like in the primal pizza crust recipies.

The ratio of coconut to egg is about half a cup per egg, but its up too you, more egg and it remain like a traditional omelette, more flour and you get a more eggy-bread feel that gives it the almost sandwich feel when you fold it.

Confession: my mixture was not just pure whites, a yolk broke (from a double yolker egg!) so i slipped it in the mixture.
                          But 2-3 eggs usually fills the pan.

Suggest fillings? My favourite is yolks, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and bacon like a fry-up sandwich lol

thanks again

Comment

mmmm...nice change from scrambled or sunny side up! thanks for the post!
                            Nutty Kitchen

cook for life!

Comment

I love the pictures! I usually make my (non-primal) husband a breakfast sandwich on Sundays, and I always debate whether it's worth spending a couple of minutes to make a "bread" for myself (I use one of those microwave muffin recipes) but usually I'm lazy and skip it. But this sounds fun and tasty enough to be worth a few extra minutes of work. =]
                              "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X