HUMMUS... thank you, Zucchini.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUMMUS... thank you, Zucchini.

I frickin' LOVE hummus, but garbanzo beans/chickpeas are no bueno so I started looking for a way to make my own. I literally just made this from bits and pieces of other recipes I saw online for Paleo Hummus. I threw it together in about ten minutes and somehow nailed it on the first try. It's FANTASTIC. Also, if you don't have a Ninja, you are wrong.

Zucchini Hummus

2 zucchini (peeled/chopped)
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup tahini
    1/3 cup raw macadamia nuts
    1/4 cup EVOO
    3 Tbsp lemon juice (one lemon)
    1 Tbsp cumin
    salt, pepper

Throw it all in a Ninja and blennnnnd.

Garnish with paprika.

Have fun and have GOOD HEALTH!

I do the same with eggplant. Try it out!

Comment

Zucchini and eggplant as well as chickpea hummus is a traditional middle-eastern dishes, you could have looked there lol
      its called Mutabal. Example: Mutabal recipe - Recipe explained step-by-step and with pictures

Comment

Yes, but that has yogurt in it, which is also no bueno... and I made this recipe up, I wasn't looking for a dish. Thanks anyway though.

I will, however, be trying eggplant in my next batch!

Comment

I think "hummus" could be made with malanga coco, a tropical root vegetable we call "notato" in my household.

Comment

I, too, prefer (roasted) eggplant in this application, with cumin, onions and balsamic V.

If I want a chunky version, I'd add carrots, tomatoes and roast peppers (and let it think about life overnight), but that would be more along the lines of antipasti.

I've actually splurged on eggplant yesterday specifically for this application.
            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I'm thinking no-nightshades here, so the original zucchini recipe is on my list.

Comment

Gotcha! I am pretty sure other roast veggies (particularly root ones) will make a very good chilled dip, if paired with spices and nuts. Like plain carrots with curry...?
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                  Gotcha! I am pretty sure other roast veggies (particularly root ones) will make a very good chilled dip, if paired with spices and nuts. Like plain carrots with curry...?
                  Alright folks! Let's see those dip recipes!! lol

Comment

Oh I love this! I would ditch the nuts and then I'd be ALL over it!

Comment

Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
                      Oh I love this! I would ditch the nuts and then I'd be ALL over it!
                      Ha! Thanks GiGi! Everything is optional so get on it!
                      I've made it several times now and it is just great every time, now I am adding things like Roasted Red Pepper and/or more garlic... or pine nuts... or whatever!
                      This just a base so adding (or removing) things is definitely the point.
                      Thanks everyone for taking a look.

Comment

Working...
                      X