1 1/4 cup Almond Flour/Meal
    1/4 teaspoon Salt
    1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
    1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
    1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon (essential!)
    1 large Egg
    1/4 cup Honey
    1/4 cup chopped Pecans

Stir ALL ingredients together until smooth.
    Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a really well buttered/greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from eachother. They really like to stick to the pan, so use parchment paper if you have it. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until desired doneness. Allow to cool before removing from pan.

These are soft, fluffy, and chewy around the edges. Also great with chocolate chips!

I make about nine 4-inch-diameter cookies per batch, and the nutrition information per cookie is:
    Calories 119
    Fat 8.3 g
    Cholesterol 24 mg
    Sodium 94 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 10 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Sugars 8 g
    Protein 3 g

Enjoy!

THANKS!!! Can't wait to try it!!
    Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Comment

I just tried this recipe today. These cookies are beyond sexy! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Instead of pecans, I added some chunks of extra dark (91%) cacao chocolate for more om nom nomz!
      Last edited by jeffy87; 06-24-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Just copied into my primal recipe folder- thanks!
        My journal

Comment

Delicious

Thanks - I tried those yesterday and they were very tasty. I normaly try to avoid using baking soda, has anyone tried without it ?

Comment

How many cookies does one batch make?
            sigpic
            www.pantrybites.com
            Real Good Primal Food

Comment

What brand of almond meal do you use? Are the almonds blanched?

Comment

Yay!!! I need a "perfect" cookie recipe for christmas. Last christmas was a disaster, as all of the recipes I tried yielded a really REALLY chewy, dense yucky cookie. I was longing for something fluffy and soft and melty... hope this is it!
                The more I see the less I know for sure.
                -John Lennon

Comment

I made these last night and they turned out great! I made 8 big cookies - next time will try with chocolate chips. I used unblanched almond meal (the kind Trader Joe's sells) and walnuts instead of pecans.

I baked them on parchment paper since I was alerted to the fact that they could be sticky -- glad I did. I had a little problem with storing the leftover ones. I put them one on top of the another in a glass container with a lid -- they are now all stuck together, so we will eat them with a fork.

Very tasty recipe - thanks!
                  My journal

Comment

Made these last night for the GF and my son. Figured I'd have a few left over today...I was wrong. Excellent recipe, although perhaps too tasty...

Comment

Cooking them tonight.
                      Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

I made them last night, they were yummy but too salty for my taste so next time I'll skip the salt, and maybe cut down the honey a bit as well.
                        Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                        Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                        Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                        Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

I'm going to try this but i really love almond flavor so i am going to sub almond extract for vanilla and use almonds instead of pecans.

Comment

OMG! These are amazing! My 6 year old loved them, too!

Comment

I made these for the 4th of July weekend - I thought they were great and my family all loved them. I am a chocolate lover, so I had to add some chocolate chips...I just had to!

Comment

Working...
                              X