No announcement yet.

Best Primal Cookies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confess, I too added some chocolate. Just a tiny handful of mini-choc chips. :-/

Comment

Just made these last night and they're great. I might leave out the baking soda and see if they're more chewy and crunchy rather than fluffy.
      sigpic
      www.pantrybites.com
      Real Good Primal Food

Comment

I have now made these several times. AWSOME & EASY. Changing back & forth from pecan meal to almond meal. Changing the chopped nuts also. I suggest cutting the honey in 1/2 if you are primal. otherwise they are to sweet.
        "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

I made these last week and they were really good, although I think I will go lighter on the sweetener next time! I NEVER thought I would hear those words coming out of my mouth! Me, wanting something less sweet? Whodathunkit?

These were my variations:
          Intentional: Subbed maple syrup for half the honey, and Added 2-3 Tablespoons of BUTTER. Solves the sticking problem, although parchment is still recommended
          Unintentional: Totally FORGOT the egg. No biggie, they just aren't as cakey this way. So if you like a chewy, crunchy cookie this works

oh, and p.s. The dough is FAB!!! I was thinking of just freezing the dough balls and eating them straight out of the freezer. And I do sometimes freeze dough balls and bake them one or two at a time. Fresh cookies right out of the oven every time
          Mermaid

Comment

yum.
            forgot the cinnamon but they taste fine without. Will try flatten them out better next time. And will definately try them with some dark chocky chips!!!
            THANK YOU!!

Comment

I actually joined this site to thank you for the recipe! theyre so tasty!

Also I can feed them to my sister, who is approximately allergic to everything except nuts meat and champagne

Comment

Just cooked a batch these things are awesome

Puttin in raisins or dried cherries nxt time
                MDA PRIMAL LIBERTARIAN GROUP

Comment

I just made these! I added 3 tablespoons of butter like a pp suggested and I had NO sticking problems! As a pp mentioned, I too will squash mine a little since they don't flatten in the oven like traditional cookies do (but I kind of liked the balls). I also put some choco chips in mine and they were fantastic.

I'm feeling like they tasted a lot like oatmeal cookies. I might experiment with them further to see if I can make these as a primal substitute!

Side Note: I love the primal community for many reasons. One is getting recipes in smaller sizes so when my husband and I eat half the batch of cookies, it isn't something to feel guilty about

Comment

Originally posted by jqbancroft View Post
                    I'm feeling like they tasted a lot like oatmeal cookies. I might experiment with them further to see if I can make these as a primal substitute!
                    If you add the nuts and just a couple raisins to each cookie, they smell/taste almost identical IMO.

I made some and posted it here on my blog:
                    http://lowcarbnorthwest.com/?p=211

Comment

This recipe was amazing! So good that I ate the entire lot on my own in one go.... will do a good workout tomorrow to burn some off!

Fantastic recipe please share more like that!

Comment

Haha ok this is awesome. I've been struggling with finding things to snack on and I've always loved to bake. And now I can! This sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out on the weekend!
                        "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

Comment

My partner made these the other night and they were beyond delish! The taste and texture of the cookies has me thinking I'm going to try and use the basis of this to produce a batch of brownies!

Comment

I made these cookies last night.

I removed the honey and instead used Stevia as a sweetener.
                            I added two tablespoons of good cocoa powder.
                            I added 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.

This almost cut the carbs completely out and the cocoa powder and stevia made them nice and sweet and chocolatey.

I also made a simple cinnamon whip with ice cold coconut cream and cinnamon to dip them in.

Half a batch was just a couple hundred calories and maybe at most 15 net carbs. That is seriously a minor, minor amount of calories and carbs for so much food.... especially since it was sugar free.

Comment

I'm curious about starting to use Stevia in my baked goods - any suggestions on brands? Powder or liquid drops?
                              The butter is definitely a good addition since the cookies can be quite sticky (especially if you are going with honey as the sweetener).

Also these cookies make awesome ice cream sandwiches when you add a dollop of vanilla coconut milk ice cream (preferably homemade).

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                                X