New absolute favorite dessert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New absolute favorite dessert

I came up with this after thinking about berries and whipped cream and how to make it better.

Whipped Heaven

In a bowl combine 5 parts heavy cream and 3 mascarpone (for 4 HUGE strawberries and a handful of blueberries and finger licking, 5 tbsp cream and 3 tbsp mascarpone.) Whip to stiff peaks. If you want to fool with it, add cinnamon or chcocolate, but it doesn't need it. Serve with berries of your choice. You will want to lick the beater and your fingers and anywhere else it lands....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Pardon me for seeming silly, but I whip the cream and the mascarpone, then once the mix gets to stiff peaks, then I add the berries. I have never even heard of mascarpone, but this sounds intriguing, thanks for the post.

Any photos of the finger licking goodness?

Comment

I just dip the berries in it. Gives me an excuse to lick my fingers with every bite. No photos, I was too busy having a foodgasm.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Where do people find Marscapone? I've looked high an low to no avail. Possible explanation: I live in Cabot VT, home of the world's best Cheddar (supposedly) and nobody up here eats any other cheese.

Comment

I found it at the store. It was in the specialty/ deli sliced that day cheese section, which, in my store in nowhere near the Kraft cheese section. If they don't carry it, point blank, try your friend the internet.
          My Latest Journal

Comment

its in the specialty cheese section where mozarella or feta or bleu cheese is. it is sorta like a cream cheese but with not as much flavor.
            "The first wealth is health."
            - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I think of mascarpone as solid cream. That's what it tastes like to me. And it has a really nice sweet taste. I think it's about the texture/consistency of butter (but softer) but the flavor of cream.

Comment

I've made this before. It's really good; the marscapone is "Italian cream cheese" although it's got a natural sweetness that's not in regular cream cheese...it's alltogether different. I found it a little slower to get the mixture to whip up into peaks, though. Just FYI
                I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Comment

Ooh oh oh, you just inspired me. I'm hosting a birthday party appys and drinks thing on tuesday, and I'm going to pipe this into strawberries that I've cut an X into. Mmmmmmmmmm!
                  The more I see the less I know for sure.
                  -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Jason VT View Post
                    Where do people find Marscapone? I've looked high an low to no avail. Possible explanation: I live in Cabot VT, home of the world's best Cheddar (supposedly) and nobody up here eats any other cheese.
                    Jason, Vermont Butter & Cheese makes marscapone; you can get it at the Montpelier co-op. I've also gotten it at Price Chopper. It's in the fancy cheese section by the deli. It tastes like thick whipped cream. Nice to see another Vermonter - I live near you up in the NEK.
                    Last edited by Annika; 05-23-2010, 12:12 PM. Reason: typo
                    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
                    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I have a recipe for homemade Marscapone cheese. Not sure how 'authentic' it is, purists may not agree but to buy in shops here it is very expensive.

2 litres whole milk
                      half litre cream (we only have one type of cream here which is double ie you can whip it up)
                      juice of 2 lemons

Heat milk and cream to 90oC in a water bath (a bowl over simmering pan of water)
                      Add lemon juice
                      Leave to curdle
                      When cool strain through muslin or other clean fine cloth.

This recipe came from a very good small cheesemaker in NZ, Katherine Mowbray.

Comment

Originally posted by Annika View Post
                        Jason, Vermont Butter & Cheese makes marscapone; you can get it at the Montpelier co-op. I've also gotten it at Price Chopper. It's in the fancy cheese section by the deli. It tastes like thick whipped cream. Nice to see another Vermonter - I live near you up in the NEK.
                        Awesome. Thanks Annika!

Comment

This is what kept my sugar cravings at bay the first two weeks of being Primal. I think there's just something about us that makes us think of it, because I don't remember seeing the recipe anywhere. I added a dab of honey to the masarpone cheese and mixed it up, layering it with the berries like a parfait. Then I just drizzled the cream on top without whipping it. YUM!!!
                          Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Comment

I have an incredibly hard time finding marscapone in my neck of the woods as well. A couple of times my wife has looked for it and gets very strage looks at the deli.

Comment

Working...
                            X