Salad dressing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salad dressing.

Anyone have a good primal salad dressing recipe? I have been using olive, apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard for a while now and want to mix it up a bit.

Check out the blog post: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-de...lad-dressings/
    And the forum threads: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Salad-Dressing
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...dressing-ideas

Comment

I make something very similar but add chili flakes/dried herbs/ garlic powder for variety.

Another favorite of mine is homemade aioli (or mayo + crushed garlic/garlic powder) + Greek yoghurt + dried mint + EVOO + S + P.

EVOO + Balsamic vinegar

We have quite a few threads on Salad dressing from last year but I couldn't find the ones I was looking for. Will post them when I do.

ETA: yodiwan found them!

Comment

If you eat dairy, this is a great recipe and only 4 ingredients - so simple!

1/2 cup buttermilk
        1/4 cup sour cream
        1 cup blue cheese crumbles
        black pepper to taste
        www.dontcallmesugar.wordpress.com

Comment

try sauerkraut juice instead of AVC!
          Get on my Level
          http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Try thinning some tahini with lemon juice and adding some sesame oil for a nutty type of a dressing.
            sigpic
            www.pantrybites.com
            Real Good Primal Food

Comment

I used to like bacon grease and apple cider vinegar mixed together. These days I've become more of a carnivore though.
              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I made this one to eat on my salad for lunch today:

1/3c Greek yogurt
                2 tbsp chopped cilantro
                Juice of 1.5 limes (my guess is approx 1.5-2 tbsp)
                1/4 tsp salt
                1/8 tsp hot red pepper flakes

*EDIT: I should clarify, this makes 2-3 servings (depending on how much dressing you like and/or how big your salads are), so if you want a larger quantity, just double or triple these quantities
                Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pantrybites View Post
                  Try thinning some tahini with lemon juice and adding some sesame oil for a nutty type of a dressing.
                  This is my favorite dressing!

Comment

I can't find the original post; I want to thank whoever posted this dressing recipe:

1-1/2 T almond butter
                    1 T oil (I used hazelnut)
                    1 T apple cider vinegar
                    3 T water
                    1 tsp honey
                    pinch of salt and pepper
                    Blend till smooth and add:
                    2 T crushed cashews

Excellent flavor. The only thing I would change is to cut down on the water to make the flavor stronger. Next time I'll start with no water and add 1 T at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by pantrybites View Post
                      I used to get a wrap at Trader Joe's that had lentils and cabbage in it, and came with spicy tahini sauce for dipping, which I loved. I wish I knew how to make it. I wouldn't know quite where to start with the spices. Has anyone had this dip who might know how to recreate it?

Comment

I looovvvve this dressing.

2 egg yolks
                        2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
                        2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
                        1 clove garlic, crushed
                        1 teaspoon mild curry power

Process egg yolks, mustard and juice until combined.
                        With motor running add about 3/4 cup light olive oil in a thin stream
                        until mixture thickens. Add garlic, curry powder and 2 tablespoons of warm water,
                        process until combined.

You can also add some herbs if you like, I normally add a bit of parsley.

Cheers
                        couchie

Comment

Lately I've been making a dressing of balsamic, olive oil and berries. My version of berry vinegarette. Any berries will work, fresh or frozen (thawed). Yummy!

Comment

My current favorite:

Bacon grease
                            Couple of TBS shopped red onion
                            Vinegar
                            1 TBS Dijon mustard
                            Hot pepper seeds

Caramelize onion in bacon grease. Add Dijon and vinegar (amt depends on amt of drippings you start with, taste it). Be careful, 'cause when the vinegar hits the pan it will clear your sinuses. Add hot pepper to taste. I also add a bit of honey for sweetening, again, to taste. Pour warm dressing over salad.

Perfect with spinach salad but also good to dress lettuce and cabbage.

Comment

Working...
                            X