• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat bombs

Any good recipes?

???
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Do you already do Bulletproof coffee? If not, that is the best stuff EVER. I look forward to waking up because of it.

Comment

one cup shredded cocoonut (unsweetened)
        one half cup coconut manna
        one half cup coconut oil
        1.5 T honey
        mix all with hand mixer. put in fridge to set-10 or 20 minutes.
        use melon baller to make balls. store in fridge.

Comment

Pinterest Lots of recipes here. I'm making some tomorrow!

Comment

Batty's Blue Balls

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8256.html
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

What is a fat bomb?
              -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
                What is a fat bomb?
                I think the term originated (or was at least popularized) on Free the Animal:
                Fat Bomb Smoothie: The Ultimate "Energy Drink" | Free The Animal

I'm not sure Richard is still into the fat bomb shakes these days. Lately he has been all about resistant starch, and more carbs in general (note that the post is from 2.5 years ago). That actually looks pretty good to me. I might have to make one of those for dessert tonight.
                Last edited by yodiewan; 01-21-2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I made 3 different kinds this morning. Holy YUM!

Comment

Here's my favourite (can't remember where I got the original recipe). I also made it adding some flavoured whey instead of the vanilla extract for done brotein :-)

Really quick and easy desert.
                    1 cup of coconut (unsweetened shredded)
                    2 table spoons of coconut oil
                    Enough maple syrup to sweeten to taste (I used a bout table spoon)
                    1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
                    Pinch of salt

Mix it all up (i use an immersion/stick which really emulsified the oil etc then mixed in the shredded coconut) blender and put the mix in muffin trays or a baking sheet and pop in in the fridge for half an hour or until firm, then cut into slices if you've used a tray. Or pop in the freezer and it's ready to eat in 10 to 15 mins.

I poured a little melted dark chocolate on top of these before chilling them.

Delish!

I haven't made these for ages, thanks for the reminder. I used to keep them in the freezer. Good to munch on solid on a hot day, absolutely device when left to soften to a cold almost mousse like texture.
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Oohhh.... do a search, up above, on DrBorkBork. I haven't seen her around for a long while. She was the Queen of Fat Bomb recipes, IMO.
                      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

My fat bomb of choice is a cup full of salmon fat !!

Comment

Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
                          My fat bomb of choice is a cup full of salmon fat !!
                          ?? You talking just a hunk of fatty salmon? Or fish oil, or what? You crazy! :-P

Comment

Hmmm would buttermints qualify as a fat bomb?
                            Healthy Buttermints: Stop Sugar Cravings Instantly!

I'm making some of these tonight, but without the mint oil (hate mint), looking forward to it

Comment

I always thought the 21DSD Green Apple and Coconut 2 bite treats were bombs in my gut.

1 green apple, cored and diced
                              ½ cup Coconut Cream Concentrate or homemade Coconut Butter
                              3 tablespoons coconut oil
                              2 teaspoons cinnamon (or more, if you’d like)
                              pinch of salt
                              2 extra tablespoons coconut oil, for cooking

Instructions
                              Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
                              Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the pan. Once hot, add diced apples and begin to cook down, making sure they do not burn.
                              Once apples are soft, add the cinnamon and a bit of salt.
                              Now you need to get the coconut oil and coconut butter soft, so place both in a bowl and into the microwave for about 30 seconds, then mix with a spoon.
                              Then add the sautéed apples to the bowl with coconut butter and coconut oil and mix well, adding a bit more cinnamon.
                              Now use a spoon to scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of your chunky mixture into a silicone liner in a muffin tin. Repeat until mixture is gone. If you do not have silicone liners, use paper (they may just stick a little).

Place in fridge for at least 20 minutes before eating. Also store in the fridge because they may want to melt!
                              Makes about 9 discs.
                              sigpic
                              Age 48
                              Start date: 7-5-12
                              5'3"
                              121lbs
                              GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                              Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Working...
                              X