I hate chicken -- want good recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate chicken -- want good recipe

I hate chicken. It is not flavorless, but what little flavor it has is bad. It is hard to make. I want to eat more of it though because I pretty much eat beef fish eggs and more beef.

Any ideas for easy good chicken recipes?

Chicken is a beautiful canvas for a lot of great flavors.

Dark meat typically is more yummy than white meat. Chicken thighs with the skin, lovingly brushed with butter and a touch of garlic, and baked is just lovely.

If you're sticking with chicken breast, grilled chicken (slice after grilling for more surface area) with pesto is great. Pesto sounds complicated but really it's just oil, herbs, and a bit of nuts run through the food processor.

Personally, I love chopping up chicken, frying it in a bit of butter, then smothering it in coconut milk and curry powder. So bleeding good.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Comment

Life is too short to eat foods you hate.

There are tons of other protein sources other than chicken, beef, fish and eggs. Try some new things like lamb, seafood and if you can tolerate dairy, cheese, just to name a few.

Comment

where are you getting your chicken? Ive found theres a big difference in the taste between a conventionally raised chicken and a proper farm raised (free range, organic ) chicken.
        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Mask it ... curry. Or, eat something else.
          Paul
          http://www.pjgh.co.uk
          http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

Nothing simpler than baked chicken wings with butter, hot sauce, fish sauce, liquid smoke. Bake @ 400F for 45-50 minutes. If they are super hot, dip in some blue cheese and yogurt mixture. Add some celery and carrots to the plate and watch your favorite team lose big. Painful.

Comment

Chicken really isn't that good for you anyway. Stick to beef, lamb, etc.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Chicken curry's are always nice. There are tons of recipes out there for that.

Chicken and coconut with lemon raps works always together.

I love sweet and sour chicken, or chicken with sesame seeds.

The trick with chicken is not to cook it dry. They always say that chicken should be baked, grilled or what ever for a long time because of the bacteria in it but don't over do it… it will be dry and not very nice.
                If you make the mistake to make chicken too dry, slice it in thin slices and use it as a pizza crust. (I know there are recipes available)
                My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

I love chicken kebab but if I prepare chicken myself it's not very flavourful. I guess it takes grilling to make chicken taste great.

Comment

Originally posted by tf View Post
                    I hate chicken. I want to eat more of it though because I pretty much eat beef fish eggs and more beef.
                    Follow your instincts; chicken is peasant food, only one step above grains.

Bison > Beef > Fish & Seafood > Pork > Chicken

Comment

How about chicken thighs sprinkled with chili, then fried. Put in the oven to keep warm. Fry up some bacon and sundried tomatoes, a little more chili powder, add in some cream and pour over the chicken. This is my husbands favourite meal. 🐔

Comment

I hate chicken. It is not flavorless, but what little flavor it has is bad. It is hard to make. I want to eat more of it though because I pretty much eat beef fish eggs and more beef.

Hi TF,

Okay, now you have thrown down the glove! :-)

When I was first diagnosed with T2 Diabetes and starting eating Paleo, one of the first things I noticed was that my taste changes dramatically. I not longer enjoyed my chicken recipes. And I suddenly, after a life time of loving it, hated lamb.

Now on the chicken front, I have finally come up with some recipes that I like, so chicken is back on my table. (No suck luck with lamb -- GAG!)

First, as mentioned by someone else in this thread, get yourself range free organic chicken. The other stuff is little better than carrion and Grok was definitely not a carrion eater. Neither are we, well, unless you consider Hot Dogs to be carrion. :-)

My wife likes this recipe and asks for it every week for about six months now. If you try this, I'd love to know how you like it. The process matters here, so don't get things out of order. (You will notice that I write my recipes in order of task. That way, I don't get things out of order. You may want to read over it completely before starting to keep everything in mind.)

Chez Marvelous Todd's Parmesan Chicken:

In a 2 gallon ziplock bag, combine Parmesan cheese and spices,
                        and shake to mix.
                        1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (Trader Joe's shake cheese)
                        2 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley from the garden
                        or 3 Tablespoons chopped store brand org parsley
                        or 1 Tablespoon org dried parsley flakes
                        1 tsp. salt
                        1 tsp. dried oregano
                        1/2 tsp. dried basil
                        1/4 tsp. pepper
                        2 tsp. paprika

Melt butter on warm in Saute pan.
                        1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter

Dip chicken on both sides in melted butter and toss in the zip
                        lock bag.
                        2 three packs of org chicken thighs (six thighs total)

Turn heat on pan to medium-low (with an electric burner it
                        won't heat up too much before you get done dipping the chicken
                        in the butter).

As pan heats up, shake chicken well. Add chicken, skin side down
                        to hot butter in the pan. Shake extra topping on top of the
                        chicken. Turn (flip) after 15 minutes. Cook for 30 minutes
                        (time after you wash your hands) with lid slightly cocked

Let sit in the pan for 5 minutes

Drain and cool on a a plate before packaging up

Comment

What's wrong with beef, eggs, and fish?

My favorite ways to fix chicken are roasted whole with plenty of butter and sage or thyme or panfried thighs with rosemary, garlic, and a little red pepper.

I suggest taking a meal you enjoyed (restaurant or elsewhere) and learning to make it at home. That way you already know it'll be worth it.

But seriously, nothing wrong with beef and fish! I eat far more of these than chicken. I figure raising one cow for two years or a pig or two for one would feed a family more efficiently than dozens of birds that could be popping out eggs for years.

(That Parmesan recipe looks good. Does the cheese not burn after thirty minutes in heat?)
                          Last edited by RittenRemedy; 01-19-2014, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                            Follow your instincts; chicken is peasant food, only one step above grains.

Bison > Beef > Fish & Seafood > Pork > Chicken
                            You forgot kangaroo. Should be with the bison.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Chicken drumsticks in the slow cooker with what ever sauce you like (can make butter chicken, Thai curries, cacciatore, but making from scratch not packets) that way you get extra flavours from the bones as well as the minerals.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                              X